Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Music Charts

Options
  • 14-03-2007 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

trying to get a few answers about the Irish Music Charts and how they work and stuff.

questions, does every indiviual sale count as a sale in terms of charts.
    can someone buy 50 cd's in one shop and does that count as 1 cd.

online stuff, like what online stores contribute to chart position, itunes etc.??
    what makes that sale unique, credit card or computer ip address or mac address.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭JakeLuxor

my_pie wrote:
    trying to get a few answers about the Irish Music Charts and how they work and stuff.

questions, does every indiviual sale count as a sale in terms of charts.
    can someone buy 50 cd's in one shop and does that count as 1 cd.

online stuff, like what online stores contribute to chart position, itunes etc.??
    what makes that sale unique, credit card or computer ip address or mac address.

Well if the barcodes are correct if you buy 50 cds in a shop then they will all count.
    But from what Iv been told if the people who look after such things, irma maybe suspect that there is 'rigging' I think they can cut the amount of sales so maybe instead of 50 being counted towards the chart they might only count 15.
    I think this is what happens or something similar anyways.
    There are only certain online stores whos sales are counted towards the charts but Im as in the dark as yerself in regards how it works with ip addresses and credit card numbers etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

some Dublin band,i think it was director , got to like 15 cause one fan bought 100s of copies........when officals found out, the chart position was cancelled............

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

ChartTrack do the Irish music chart for the IRMA...

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/

Advertisement