Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

John Loche - MAD AS A BRUSH??

• 14-03-2007 5:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

I think Loche has lost the plot - his actions lately have annoyed me - he's blown up two hatches which could of been very useful to the rest of the group and he's claiming the Island told him to do so WHATS UP WITH THAT??????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭pduffy50

Reaps wrote:
    I think Loche has lost the plot - his actions lately have annoyed me - he's blowen up two hatches which could of been very useful to the rest of the group and he's claiming the Island told him to do so WHATS UP WITH THAT??????

Maybe john is a bit nuts, but if it wasn't for his mental way thinking they wouldn't of found the flame station in the first place i.e. Eko's Stick "lift up your eyes and look north" he is the only one that saw any meaning in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭dan_y

maybe the island doesn't like the hatches. maybe the island wants them all removed. maybe, just maybe, the island wants to be alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

I thought it was a tad stupid he decided to tap 77 myself. I mean looking at the vid you just KNOW things are going to go wwrong if you do. Anyone with a brain could tell you that.

Silly imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

He's always been a bit bonkers though. He reckons the island is talking to him and he could be right. He'll do whatever he thinks the island wants, good or bad. Then again, he could be just stoned all the time from his days in the marijuana plantation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

layke wrote:
    I mean looking at the vid you just KNOW things are going to go wwrong if you do. Anyone with a brain could tell you that.

Yeah, maybe if you're watching a drama show, which you are, but maybe not if it's happening to you, which it was to Locke. Also he didn't know about the C4, you'd think Sayid/Kate would have mentioned something.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭rip2roar

He did know though, he had the C4 in his bag

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

rip2roar spoiler your last post, as this only happens in 3x12

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

dan_y wrote:
    maybe the island doesn't like the hatches. maybe the island wants them all removed. maybe, just maybe, the island wants to be alone.

maybe john is off his bin :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

The-Rigger wrote:
    maybe john is off his bin :D

Hit the nail on the head :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭cuppa

hes got to be an other...better than maken boxes.

or couldd be locked john ,,to much gargle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

when i saw the thread title i thought it might refer to that speed painting of john locke,

it didnt, slightly off topic but here it is !! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8K_NQe57C-k

bobbyc wrote:
    when i saw the thread title i thought it might refer to that speed painting of john locke,

it didnt, slightly off topic but here it is !! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8K_NQe57C-k

An amazing video. Unreal skill.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭badgerbadger

he killed the guy with the eyepatch cos he didn't want the rest to know he was in a wheelchair
    "The Jon Locke I knew was pa"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

He killed the guy with the eyepatch because it was the only way they'd know if it was safe to go through the pylons or not.

he killed the guy with the eyepatch cos he didn't want the rest to know he was in a wheelchair
    "The Jon Locke I knew was pa"

If LOST has thought me anything it is that it never follows the obvious. We don't know for defo that is why John killed Mikhail. We still don't know what John was told to do after he entered 77 into the computer. He was told to take the C4 with him, i think to blow something up in the Barracks. Maybe the generator for the big fence.

Whatever John is up to, he is on his own little mission and nothing will stop him for achieving it.

maybe John Locke is the son of god.

The-Rigger wrote:

What?

The-Rigger wrote:
    Maybe you should stop sniffing that tipp-ex and get a little fresh air... :D lol

The-Rigger wrote:

Your off your trolley

well desmond did blow up the first hatch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

I hope they build the once great John Locke character into someone you become frustrated with his actions, just plains bugs you. Then in the end it turns out he had a hidden agenda all along like mentioned above to use the C4 to blow something up. Then everyone is like 'yay for Locke he rules!' again.

Brow wrote:
    I hope they build the once great John Locke character into someone you become frustrated with his actions, just plains bugs you. Then in the end it turns out he had a hidden agenda all along like mentioned above to use the C4 to blow something up. Then everyone is like 'yay for Locke he rules!' again.

This is most likely what will happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Reaps

Yeah maybe. But why fustrate eveyone else by not telling anyone his intensions - the great John Loche and his silly agenda's which get people killed eg. Boon, Mr Eko, Patchy etc. now that i think, John has caused more deaths than any one else including the others.

And it looks like he
    blows something else up in the next ep.

Reaps wrote:
    Yeah maybe. But why fustrate eveyone else by not telling anyone his intensions - the great John Loche and his silly agenda's which get people killed eg. Boon, Mr Eko, Patchy etc. now that i think, John has caused more deaths than any one else including the others.

And it looks like he
    blows something else up in the next ep.

just when you think he can't get any worse
    I Think he blows up the submarine in the next episode.

He killed the guy with the eyepatch because it was the only way they'd know if it was safe to go through the pylons or not.

there are easier ways of checking if its safe

Maybe you should stop sniffing that tipp-ex and get a little fresh air... :D lol

John Locke is the messiah (praise be) and the other islanders are his disciples.

The-Rigger wrote:
    John Locke is the messiah (praise be) and the other islanders are his disciples.

Nothing but a fruit and nut cake.

there are easier ways of checking if its safe
    Such as...?

something with metal on one end and something that current can't flow through as the handle the metal would spark if it was on
    locke wanted him dead for some reason

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

logik wrote:
    This is most likely what will happen.

Yeah I agree. I never thought about it but after he pressed 77 he could well have received further instructions from the computer as of what to do. We think that he is acting crazy at the moment, but if you think about it it's typical Locke. He does what the island tells him to do and he's always sure that he's meant to be doing whatever it is that he's 'supposed' to 9entereing the numbers, following the instructions on ekos stick etc.) maybe he's learnt his lesson from the last time (not entering the numbers and imploding the hatch!) and he's now back on track! I hope so...maybe next week we'll have a Locke-centered episode!

Yeah I agree. I never thought about it but after he pressed 77 he could well have received further instructions from the computer as of what to do. We think that he is acting crazy at the moment, but if you think about it it's typical Locke. He does what the island tells him to do and he's always sure that he's meant to be doing whatever it is that he's 'supposed' to 9entereing the numbers, following the instructions on ekos stick etc.) maybe he's learnt his lesson from the last time (not entering the numbers and imploding the hatch!) and he's now back on track! I hope so...maybe next week we'll have a Locke-centered episode!

I don't think there is any doubt that John recieved extra orders when he entered 77. He is going to do some crazy stuff in the coming eps. He is on his on little mission now and i am not so sure he cares too much for Jack/Sayid/Kate.

something with metal on one end and something that current can't flow through as the handle the metal would spark if it was on
    locke wanted him dead for some reason
    A sonic field would not make metal spark. Some kind of electrical field, yes, but not a sonic one.

A sonic field would not make metal spark. Some kind of electrical field, yes, but not a sonic one.
    have you tried it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

The fence... Why? It's an island somewhere in the South Pacific that clearly nobody knows about and the Others are the only people there. So why exactly do they need this little iron curtain of sonic weaponry? And Rousseau spoke of it like she'd never seen it before, she's been 16 years on this island, or so we're told, how the hell had she not been up that far looking for her daughter?

John Locke is the son of God, The Island represents god.

The Island speaks to Locke and he does the Islands will.

Peace be onto John Locke, the savior.

• Advertisement

The-Rigger wrote:

Thats as mad as saying "I like apples". What?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

logik wrote:

I like stuff.

LOL It would appear Locke's madness has brushed off on everyone else in here!

logik wrote:

Why am I so tempted to say

"I love lamp!"

"I love lamp!"

LOL

wrote:
    The-Rigger

logik wrote:

I don't see what apples and the fact that John Locke been our savior have in common?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Reaps

Right!!!!!!! anyway.... has John lost it or does he actually feel a connection with the island, after seeing whats in the magic box i think he may well be the key to all of this - and Ben - well he's just brilliant i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

He does have more of a connection to the island than the rest: he's one of the few people to see Smokey and live and the island healed him but it won't heal Ben. The island is his religion now but he's become a fundamentalist of sorts cos he will stop at nothing to accomplish what he thinks the island wants (he had a hand in several deaths).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

"I love lamp!"

Or "I love my brick"

fed up with briick

Advertisement