Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

UK trade warrenty valid in Ireland? When is this the case?

Options
  • 14-03-2007 6:08pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭

Was making enquiries about a car there in the UK.

They are offering a 12 moths parts and labour, nissan gaurantee with the car.
    They said its some pan-european agreement that will be valid in any nissan garage in europe including ireland.
    Is this standard? Or they just full of ****?

What do I have to get of them document wise to prove this is the case

Its a toyota car by the way but have some links to nissan or something like that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

jank wrote:
    Was making enquiries about a car there in the UK.

They are offering a 12 moths parts and labour, nissan gaurantee with the car.
    They said its some pan-european agreement that will be valid in any nissan garage in europe including ireland.
    Is this standard? Or they just full of ****?

What do I have to get of them document wise to prove this is the case

Its a toyota car by the way but have some links to nissan or something like that.
    If it's true than it will be stated in the terms of the warranty.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

But has anyone experience with this kind of warranty?

I know the manufacturers warranty is valid all around europe but never heard of this kind.
    He was also trying to suggest that the MOT would cover the NCT in Ireland.
    I wish!! So i'm cautious of being bull****ted against.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

jank wrote:
    But has anyone experience with this kind of warranty?

I know the manufacturers warranty is valid all around europe but never heard of this kind.
    He was also trying to suggest that the MOT would cover the NCT in Ireland.
    I wish!! So i'm cautious of being bull****ted against.

You should ring Nissan Ireland to confirm the validity of the used warranty claim.

Don't think the MOT will have any influence on the NCT over here.

I think he is telling you what you want to hear knowing that if you buy the car it is very unlikely he will see you again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

The warranty I had with my old Merc from a UK dealer was definitely valid here, but tbh they are a bit of a minefield, depending on the age of the car and other terms.

With most second-hand warranties you have to prove the part(s) didn't fail owing to wear & tear, which can be difficult. Again it depends on the terms.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Ill have to get more information about this and check it out with nissan ireland.

• Advertisement
Advertisement