Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stolen car - PLEASE help :)

• 14-03-2007 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hi there, am asking a big Boards favour. My car was stolen last night and I am completely bereft without it. It took me years to gather up the courage to drive and take my test. I went to drop my kids to school this morning and it was gone off my driveway. Could I ask that you have a look outside your house just in the tiniest chance that it may have been abandoned somewhere and not destroyed yet. Its a red Toyota Starlet 96D 3***3. If you do see one that might be it I would be eternally grateful as I am completely lost without it. Many,many thanks. Please PM me if you see anything similar in your area.

looks just like this

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

That's awful, but I'm sure you'd appreciate me pointing out that you need to give us some specifics.

Why can't you put the full registration number up?

And where do you live? I know it's a 'D'-reg car but that doesn't mean you're in Dublin or near it.
    Don't just say "Dublin" or "Meath" or whatever - that's still too broad. Hope you get your car back without much damage.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

It may help if you told us the general area where it was stolen from. There would be a lot of Starlets around. Any other features or marks on the car that might help?

Utter scum. I hope they die very soon, hopefully without killing anyone else. I mean what scummy waste of air would think of robbing a simple family car. A Starlet FFS. When I hear of one of these gits getting killed it brings a smile to my lips.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

Posting where you live will help a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭matwijow

It was taken from Dublin 24 - but I imagine it could be anywhere from here to Cork or Donegal at this stage - thats why I didnt mention the address from where it was taken as it could be anywhere and if you just happen to notice a strange car parked outside your front door and it looks like this I would be very grateful. Thanks a mill. I've never sworn so much in my life as I have done today, I hope they enjoyed their spin in my little banger. It looked identical to the one in the photo I have posted. It also had a red sticker on the windscreen with the reg number on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

I'll keep an eye out matwijow I live in D24 myself. I know how bad it can feel when something like that happens.
    Incidentally, car thieves sometimes park stolen cars in the square car parks and come back later to get them.
    Just a thought.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

Yu might get a better responce on the dublin forum..not everyone in AH is from dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭matwijow

Thanks for that Femmy - will post there as well but I was thinking that it could be anywhere at this stage :( hence the posting on this forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Plissken1

Prob in jobstown, the green there tends to fill up with cars, then a truck comes and collects them. ive seen guys dump them there, with the engine running, and then 10 year old kids jump into them and try to drive off, (with adults walking past ignoring everything thats going on).

Advertisement