Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tiesto at work in the studio

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

That's ****ing superb:D

Any idea what time you're playing on Friday? wouldn't mind catching some of your set, should be a quality night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭senan s

francois, and i thought you were his biggest fan :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭francois

tman wrote:

Any idea what time you're playing on Friday?

Not sure! towards the end I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

hilarious stuff! wow, Tiesto is getting some abuse these days! Why is that? Is it because he is a poor DJ (technically) or are people just bitter because he has become so successful and has 'sold out'?
    I must admit, I like some of his stuff like his set at Museumplein!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Most people hate him because he is basically an over paid jukebox, playing the "safest" trance music possible without offending even the most inexperienced listener of music. You want proof? Talk to any knacker and they will say "Tiesto? Fu*kin' deadly man".

The most worrying thing is that you don't even have to talk to the lowest common denominator, most normal, and I use that lightly, people will say that he makes "good" music. Its easily made, over produced and over played schtuff.

Having said that I used to listen to him as a teenager and as dance music goes its not the worst but then again, not the best. Avoid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭senan s

Anima wrote:
    Most people hate him because he is basically an over paid jukebox, playing the "safest" trance music possible without offending even the most inexperienced listener of music. You want proof? Talk to any knacker and they will say "Tiesto? Fu*kin' deadly man".

Having said that I used to listen to him as a teenager and as dance music goes its not the worst but then again, not the best. Avoid.

i'm a knacker, well i prefere being called a traveller and i hate tiesto. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭gottahavehouse

personally im not a fan of tiestos the first time i seen him was down in cork at global gathering in 2005 and the whole journey down on the train all i heard was tiesto this tiesto that he brings ppl on a journey. wen i seen him play ive never been so disappointed at any set in my life. the same at hi:fi last year. before tiestos set arguably the biggest dj of the last year and definatly a more exciting dj was playing..EDDIE HALLIWELL. needlesss to say tiesto came on just after eddie had finished his bangin set and i dont use the term banging litely and slowed the pace down straight away.... i left almost immediately and went around to roger sanchez who was playing dj exacta pride a deeper love. iv never made a better decision in my life. tiesto is overhyped but i personally think he makes some decent dance music. eg wen he was in gouryella and tunes like lethal industry and suburban train. but as a dj in the truest sense of the word he doesnt do anything for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

A crowd of us were in Amsterdam last year for the umpteenth time (home away from home) for Dance Valley and we decided to give the coffee shops a rest for the day and do a bit of sight seeing, we went into Madam Tussaud's and sure enough half way round there was a waxwork of Tiesto on the balcony behind a set of decks. I hate Tiesto at the best of times and I know its his home country but really could've done without seeing that.

I can imagine all the kids on tour getting their photos taken with him, "I spun with Tiesto, bud!!!!" LOL

Advertisement