Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any1 who can help me on sme details plz?

Options
  • 14-03-2007 7:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

right heres the thing i got my BC version from america(north america version)
    i got my acc and all on there and now i moved to europe.
    im curious if i buy the wow game from europe will i be able to play on the servers i used to have in usa and on my same account? or will i have to get the wow and bc game from usa to do that? im on the server zuluhed from the usa and i just wanna play my warior again!!!! im not planning to start again >< any1 who can tell me if i can just buy the game from here and play or do i have to get my games sent over from america?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

You can play your current American account on American servers, you have to install the game and you'd log on as did before. Unless you don't have that account anymore (like you gave it away or sold it or something). You're not restricted by IP or anything so if you wanted to log onto your American account from here that'd work.

If you want to play on European servers, you need to buy a European WoW (and thus start a European account).

If you want to play on American servers and don't currently have an account, you'd need to buy an American copy of WoW.

At least, that's my understanding of it, feel free to correct me anyone if I'm wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 robgyorgy

koneko wrote:
    You can play your current American account on American servers, you have to install the game and you'd log on as did before. Unless you don't have that account anymore (like you gave it away or sold it or something). You're not restricted by IP or anything so if you wanted to log onto your American account from here that'd work.

If you want to play on European servers, you need to buy a European WoW (and thus start a European account).

If you want to play on American servers and don't currently have an account, you'd need to buy an American copy of WoW.

At least, that's my understanding of it, feel free to correct me anyone if I'm wrong.

ur right butttttttttt.... i already have a american account but i only have my BC part of the game from usa.. i cant install the game unless i get wow first bak from america. my question is tho if i buy bc from ireland thats where im at could i play on usa servers with my american account? or do i have to go thru all the hastle and get wow part of the game sent to me from america?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

http://www.worldofraids.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3378&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

take a read of this. it is may have a solution for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

as far as i know the games are the same except for the file which tells it which server to contact (european, american or asian). I also think this can be changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

So you already have an account? You just need the installs then, you shouldn't be buying them the games because you're mostly paying for the keys you won't be using then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

It's easy to switch between eu and us servers. Just go to your wow folder and open the file called "realmlist" in notepad.

It should contain this "set realmlist eu.logon.worldofwarcraft.com"

Just change the "eu" to "us" and you should be able to bring up the us server list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 robgyorgy

Dataisgod wrote:

yeh they got a thing going there but theres 1 litle issue... i got a eu wow game(the original) and a usa tbc game... i cant install and i cant change wht they have on the thread cause i cant logg in and do the patch downloads so therefor i dont have the files that i need to access and change to be able to install bc.
    now my question is.. shud i buy tbc from eu now or ask for some1 to send me my original WoW copy from america..(i only need to pay the sending i gues i already have the game).
    is there anyway i can d/l the p[atches manualy? cause only then will i be able to do the changes i need to be able to install my tbc copy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Can download the patches you need from mirrors i think both us and eu on that link below

http://www.wowwiki.com/Patch_mirrors

Advertisement