Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change Joomla menu ?

Options
  • 14-03-2007 8:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I have been able to create custom menu with Joomla, but how do I actually change the link ?

I cant find where those links are stored. I would like to redirect those menu to a new Joomla page that I will update on a regular basis.

joomla.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

What are u actally trying to achieve?

Do you want a certain page as the front page or what? why do you want to redirect?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

axer wrote:
    What are u actally trying to achieve?

Do you want a certain page as the front page or what? why do you want to redirect?

Yep sorry was not that clear.

I have a basic menu with buttons (Classic Joomla template).
    I have customized this menu to add the text I want to add like :
    DVD Shop - Toys - ...

So now I want to customize the links behind those buttons.
    But I can not find where to change the links behind those buttons, which are currently pointing to the Faqs, news examples delivered with Joomla.

Thanks

Did you create a page for each of those menu items?

Or are you linking to a component or external page (outside of the joomla system)?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Er ... from the sounds of it you're editing the existing links ... delete them and create new links in their place linking to where you want ?

Well have a look : http://www.joliebabes.net/
    See the "main menu" ?

I want to links the topics from the main menu to pages, so as you suggested I guess I have to create the pages first, maybe the reason why I can't link them at the moment?

• Advertisement

Create a new link and pick "Link - Content Item" then on the next screen give it a name and pick the page you want to link to. You cannot change the link for the home page. If you want a page to be displayed on the home page then open the content item and under the "publishing tab" tick the box "Show on frontpage".

axer wrote:
    Create a new link and pick "Link - Content Item" then on the next screen give it a name and pick the page you want to link to. You cannot change the link for the home page. If you want a page to be displayed on the home page then open the content item and under the "publishing tab" tick the box "Show on frontpage".

Alright I see
    A bit confusing first time.

Thank you very much guys

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Can I just recommend you don't link to an "adult" site on here even if its just in the making :D

Advertisement