Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Further Education Colleges.

Options
  • 14-03-2007 9:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭

Well, a certain Boards member raised a certain issue which struck me as I thought about It.

Basically, what do you think about FE colleges and their position?
    Do you think they are for thick People, because that is the general mindset people have with regard to FE courses.

I believe they are a good addition to the LC if needs be, as you can use your FETAC award to get into certain courses(not them all)or If you want to, go to work with the skills learned from the courses.

I thought about it and I think even that people who dont want to go to third level, these courses are valuable, as I dont think just having the LC really cuts it anymore, I mean everyone needs some form of formal Education not just at work etc.

Further Education Colleges 9 votes

Yes, they are an Important part of the Education sector
    0% 0 votes
    I have my doubts
    55% 5 votes
    What are FE colleges?
    22% 2 votes
    No, these "Colleges" are for Thick headed people and wasters
    22% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I think for someone who wouldn't even be considering going to college they're a good idea. Like, the more qualification people can get, the better. The Leaving Cert and the college points blah system doesn't suit everyone so I think it's a good alternative. Also they have some pretty interesting courses there that you couldn't get in college.

At the same time I can see a downpoint to them, because people get lazy and say "sure don't need to bother with the LC, I can just apply to an FEC.." and assume they're gonna get a place which isn't necessarily the case!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

The way I like to put it is, I'd never go to one but I don't really have an opinion on them other than that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

The way I like to put it is, I'd never go to one but I don't really have an opinion on them other than that
    Likewise. Though I do harbour some private discriminations, lol.

They may be a great tool for those who are far less academic to further their careers, though if there was ever an educational snobbiness about something, it's those! Most people I know wouldn't dream of attending them...

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭nedward

Anybody have the Careers Yearbook Journal? (Or whatever it's called)
    God knows, THEY sure love Further Education Colleges. =D

Advertisement