Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Source Database server help!

Options
  • 14-03-2007 9:12pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,
    I'm trying to connect to my source database, but the current ip address that my hosting control panel is giving me is 192.168.xxx.33, which is clearly a private ip address.
    How do I connect to the source database when i'm given this info?

Source DB: mySQL4 for phpbb v2

Cheers,
    S,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I presume the server doesn't have a mapped domain name, e.g. dbname.host.tld?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

See that's the thing, when I look at the config file for the phpbb on using thats database, it simply says "'192.168.xxx.33" (xxx being a number), so how on earth does it connect to the database?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Well, if the server the software is on is available on two IP ranges, one DMZ'd and public and the other private and internal, then it should work fine since it would be able to see both (I think). You just wouldn't be able to connect directly to the private IP from the public interface.

So how would I connect to the database on the 192.168.100.33 from the outside?
    I have optional socket and post details to fill in too, if that helps?

Cheers,
    Steve.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Have you asked your provider?

Do you have SSH access (if it's on linux)?

• Advertisement

Aye, I guess I'll have to ask them tomorrow.
    I haven't never had anything to do with SSH!

Cheers,
    S.

Advertisement