Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dublin parking meters

Options
  • 14-03-2007 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if its usually possible to pop a quid or two into the meter in the evening to give you a ticket up until 8am or so?

There's a parking meter outside - pay and display 7 to 7, and it doesn't like it, but I've heard that other meters let you do that. Anyone know what the general state of play with this is in Dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,498 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

AFAIK every meter times itself out at 7 (or whatever the finishing time is). you put your €2 in at 6:58 it will only allow upto 7. Ive used just about every meter in Dublin at this stage, and this has always been the case!

It would be a good idea tho if you could do that.

If you;re only staying there for the night, take your wheel off and pretend it was flat ;)

• Subscribers Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

some of them do let you pay for the next day, I used to do this up in ranelagh. You have to pay after the time is up, so it will start at the start time the next morning.

I remember the ones near work off camden street didn't work like that though (before they went 24hr)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭littlejukka

i've used a couple of meters in dun laoghaire that run on to the next morning. depends on the model, i suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Yeah the ones in Malahide are like that. Once you pay after 6pm the ticket starts from 8.am next morning !

Advertisement