Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Football League to scrap draws

2»

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,593 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

I fear I am turning into Redspider...:D

I've looked at two possible changes to the current points structure.

1. Win = 4pts, score draw = 2pts, no-score draw = 1pt, Loss = 0pts (duh!)

2. Win = 4pts, draw with >3gls = 2pts, draw with <3gls = 1pt, Loss = 0 pts.

Applying them to the current table yields little or no change in league positions, though obviously sides would be expected to modify their game plan in the event of an amended points structure.

In scenario 1, the table looks thus:

Man Utd
    Chelsea
    Arsenal
    Liverpool
    Bolton
    Everton
    Reading
    Spurs
    Portsmouth
    Blackburn
    Newcastle
    Middlesbrough
    Aston Villa
    Fulham
    Wigan
    Sheff Utd
    Man City
    Charlton
    West Ham +1
    Watford -1

Scenario 2 yields slightly more change:

Man Utd
    Chelsea
    Arsenal
    Liverpool
    Bolton
    Reading +1
    Everton -1
    Portsmouth +1
    Spurs -1
    Blackburn
    Newcastle
    Middlesbrough
    Fulham +1
    Aston Villa -1
    Wigan
    Sheff Utd
    Man City
    Charlton
    West Ham +1
    Watford -1

Full spreadsheet attached

that actually is more interesting, but as you say it would probably be very different table if those rules were actually in.

One of the guys in work is always going on about how the 6 nations rugby table would look if they had the same bonus point rule as the Heneiken Cup. Teams play differently depending on the rules that are in though so you just wouldn't know how it would play out until the rule was brought in..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

daveym wrote:
    it's not really.:)

Interested you enough to post...:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

I think you're all getting carried away here.

This is just open for discussion in the football league. Nothing has been set in motion at all so its really a nothing story by the beeb.

The system proposed, as far as I know is that you get 3pts for a win and 1 for a draw. Then you have a penalty shoot out and the winner gets a bonus point.

Seems a ridiculous idea to me.

Advertisement