Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin AFL Franchise

• 14-03-2007 10:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know what team will be playing in Richmond Park when its completed?

Im hoping they called the Dublin ****ehawks ala podge n rodge :D

kdjac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

KdjaCL wrote:

kdjac

eh? i think I missed the joke :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Whatever AFL franchise Dublin gets for the Euro league thingie will be playing in Inchicore, is there a team already or will it be a newly create one?

Ala Dublin Shi.tehawks :D

kdjac

What AFL euro league?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 IrishJet43

Euro club Looking for players ?????
    How do i get in touch with the guy running the show . Got a name to contact???
    Any help would be great . Former Brit bowl player ,,,,,looking for new team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

KdjaCL wrote:

kdjac

Ehh? What on earth are you on about?? :confused:

@ IrishJet43, any Irish team would probably be happy to have you playing for them. Check out www.iafl.info or www.tallaghtoutlaws.com for the team im on, there is also some sexy pictures of me on the site if it wasnt tempting enough :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭bobby wade

Huh??????????????????????????????????????????????????

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_Europa#NFL_Europe

This thing, an irish team is going into it and they will be playing in Richmond Park.

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_Europa#NFL_Europe

This thing, an irish team is going into it and they will be playing in Richmond Park.

kdjac

Where in that piece does it even sy there will be an Irish NFL Europe Irish team. Never going to happen maybe 20 years down the line when Ireland can prove it is financially sound for a team to setup. lol Where did you even get the idea from doesn't even mention it in that link in wikipedia. :)

The team will play in Richmond Park in Inchicore, thats about as much as i know. Hence asking who they are on the the AFL forum :confused:

Pick up a paper and read any of the articles about St Pats being bought by Garret Kelleher, when the stadium is complete an AFL team will play there.

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote:
    The team will play in Richmond Park in Inchicore, thats about as much as i know. Hence asking who they are on the the AFL forum :confused:

Pick up a paper and read any of the articles about St Pats being bought by Garret Kelleher, when the stadium is complete an AFL team will play there.

kdjac

AFL = Arena Football League indoor football but there aint no euro league. Garrett Kelleher is a huge developer in the states and has many business ventures but NFLE would never put a team in Europe or a 10,000 seater stadium. Richmond is too small and even when it finishes it will be too small.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

It wouldn't be a team in this would it? Seems to have been a mix up or crossing of the wires me thinks... :D

dulpit wrote:
    It wouldn't be a team in this would it? Seems to have been a mix up or crossing of the wires me thinks... :D

:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭stewie01

duhhh lmao

Ehh no its a team for that Euro league and Richmond will be 12 to 15k which would be the biggest available in Dublin.

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote:
    Ehh no its a team for that Euro league and Richmond will be 12 to 15k which would be the biggest available in Dublin.

kdjac

The only Euro League per say is NFL Europe and still at 15k the stadium is too small. So it sounds like Mr Kelleher is a bit on the Ambitious side. You would need a stadium like Croke Park or the new Lansdowne when it is done.

If he has ambitions of doing NFLE it wont be anytime soon. The only other Euro Leagues is the EFAF Leagues but then they would have to come through EFAF and the IAFL. The IAFL is American Footballs Representation in EFAF for Ireland. And the there is no specific Euro League but more like Euro Cups. But the players that represent their league in EFAF have to majority from the country they come from. As there is rules to foreign players in EFAF competitions.

:)

Well he is/was bringing Ice Hockey to the docklands arena with JHC building it.

He does want an AFL team to play in Richmond and at 15k for it would suitable unless 80k would turn out every other weekend to watch AFL and not 80k on a one off game with superstars playing?

It is part of the provision of the new stadium and i welcome our new rent paying team :D

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote:

He does want an AFL team to play in Richmond and at 15k for it would suitable unless 80k would turn out every other weekend to watch AFL and not 80k on a one off game with superstars playing?

It is part of the provision of the new stadium and i welcome our new rent paying team :D

kdjac

Stop calling it AFL :) AFL is Arena Football league. NFLE is NFL Europe. And he would most definitely need a bigger stadium 25k minimum. As the interest here is phenominal. Remember you are posting on a section of guys that love the game and also play the game. So im sure the Dublin team would grow in the NFLE and the fan base would be larger than Richmond Park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 SteveTO3

KdjaCL wrote:

kdjac

First of all you are too vague. And secondly like you have been told the only real league in Europe is called NFL Europe. What paper did you read this in specifically?

Thirdly NFL Europe's organizers would decline to create a franchise in a venue that small. The reason Germany has most of the teams is because of the venues are big and get decent turn outs. Also Amsterdam get a decent turn out as well.

Again where did you read it I'm interested to read this said article

Stop calling it AFL :) AFL is Arena Football league. NFLE is NFL Europe. And he would most definitely need a bigger stadium 25k minimum. As the interest here is phenominal. Remember you are posting on a section of guys that love the game and also play the game. So im sure the Dublin team would grow in the NFLE and the fan base would be larger than Richmond Park.

Interest in Soccer is also huge but not in actual Irish teams only the national team and english clubs. So if a franchise was set up it wouldnt demand 25k straight away. Croke park was filled because of the teams in it, setting up a team here doesnt mean that 80k will turn up weekly. Granted if over time it did appear that it needed a bigger stadium. Well its not a bad thing really is it?

Article was in weds mirror and will be on the planning permission for the ground when its submitted.

AFL sounds better that NFLE tbh :)

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 SteveTO3

KdjaCL wrote:
    Interest in Soccer is also huge but not in actual Irish teams only the national team and english clubs. So if a franchise was set up it wouldnt demand 25k straight away. Croke park was filled because of the teams in it, setting up a team here doesnt mean that 80k will turn up weekly. Granted if over time it did appear that it needed a bigger stadium. Well its not a bad thing really is it?

Article was in weds mirror and will be on the planning permission for the ground when its submitted.

kdjac

Thanks for finally letting us know about the paper the article is in. Now the interest level in this country is not high enough for them to create a franchise in Dublin. In any case if NFL E wanted to create a team in Ireland like the others have said they would aim for the likes of croker or the soon to be redeveloped Lansdowne. I think your new chief is dreaming

• Advertisement

KdjaCL wrote:

kdjac

Honestly it would demand 25k straight away. Ok put it this way if the UK dont get a team back anytime soon and the Ireland gets one before them where do you think the Brits will travel to? And I would love to show you my email in box from September 06 to now over 10,000 emails from people with interest. I run the Tallaght Outlaws and get mailed daily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

If england isnt viable for an nfle team then there is no chance ireland is, and certainly not in a 15k stadium.

NFLe wouldnt let a team play that only had a stadium with 15k capacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭bobby wade

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

If england isnt viable for an nfle team then there is no chance ireland is, and certainly not in a 15k stadium.

NFLe wouldnt let a team play that only had a stadium with 15k capacity.
    They'd let a self financing team play in any ground they like. However it won't be Ireland as there's no TV market.

For the record only 2 teams get more crowds than the planned Richmond Park could hold http://www.kenn.com/sports/football/nflel/index.html

:):D In 2005 there was more teams that beat the 15,000 mark and the whole idea of bigger venues is to intice more fans to show up if you play in a 15,000 stadiun and 16000 show up its bad business practice also you need to anticipate for the growing of a fan base (especially if the ground is you home ground and you dont plan changing venues) ...

Look at the Jets in the Uk for example , we started with about 10 fans in 2004 in 2005 we moved to the butts stadium (3000 seats) we half filled it . in 2006 we moved to the Richo arena( cov citys ground) 50.000 seats , we aint going to fill it any time soon but its a start , Aim big guys r you will never get anywhere.

Advertisement