Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wafer Cup

• 14-03-2007 10:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭

Leverkusen won 3-0 at home to Lens, 4-2 on agg.

Rangers 5 minutes away from going out to Osasuna, 2-1 down on agg and Osasuna have the away goal.

Spurs 2-1 up @ 55mins, 5-3 on agg with 3 away goals.

Bremen 2-0 Celta Vigo, 3-0 on agg.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

2-2 with Spurs. Should make it interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

3-2, Malbranque from a brilliantly precise Berbatov flick. He has overtaken Drogba as the most on form striker in Europe (bar Totti), be interesting to see if he moves in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

8 wins on the trot for spurs in europe.
    apparently thats a record of some description. any takers?

and have now scored 43 goals in cup this year, and only 40 in league :)

good game, once again spurs lapse allows the opposition back in. but fought back and great goal by malbranque.
    overall i thought it as another game dominated by the sheer brilliance that is berbatov.

8 wins on the trot for spurs in europe.

British record apparently Eamo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

What a waste of time this trophy is, it needs a serious rethink or else within ten years its going to be a dead competition much like the cup winners cup.

Needs to get back to straight knock out in my opinion.

Either way, Berbatov is immense and is possibly the best "stereotypical" centre forward in the world right now.

Draupnir wrote:
    What a waste of time this trophy is, it needs a serious rethink or else within ten years its going to be a dead competition much like the cup winners cup.

Like the CWC was before that was scrapped?

If UEFA grew a set of balls and stood up to G14, then maybe the secondary competition would regain some prestige. Stop rewarding the CL losers with a free entry to the knockout stages of the UC for a start, in some cases these sides haven't even won their own leagues, yet finishing 3rd in their CL group is enough for a 2nd bite of the cherry?

If I'd my way it would be Champions Cup (for champions), UC and CWC all over again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

L

If I'd my way it would be Champions Cup (for champions), UC and CWC all over again.

i'd have to agree

Draupnir wrote:

Either way, Berbatov is immense and is possibly the best "stereotypical" centre forward in the world right now.
    It's all about the money. Reach the last 16 in the CL and you get €2.2m. Reach the same stage in the UEFA cup and you get €100k. British teams aren't really in it for the money but the Spanish, Italians and now even French teams don't care about it until they make the Quarters at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

its means nothing to the money makers, but i still think theres a place for it amongst the football fraternity.

but i agree, bring back the CWC for cup winners and the champions cup (for champions).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭ullu

Is anyone else going to watch the Shakhtar Sevilla game? Any recommendations for a place to watch it would be great.

I think this could be a really good game. Shakthar have only conceded six goals in the league this season and it's a tough place to visit, especially when you've conceded two away goals as Sevilla have. Having said that, the Spanish side are one of the best attacking sides in Europe this season and have their title to defend. I hope Shakthar sort it out but it should be a cracker whatever the result.

Tonight's fixtures:

AZ v Barcodes (agg 2-4), 19:35 ITV1
    Benfica v PSG (agg 1-2), 21:00
    Espanyol v Maccabi Haifa (agg 0-0), 20:30
    Shakhtar Donetsk v Sevilla (agg 2-2), 18:30

Tough ties for the Barcodes, AZ have a great record at home in the Wafer and can be expected to score. Barcodes will need an away goal to settle the nerves.

Latest:

AZ 1-0 Barcodes (3-4 agg)
    Donetsk 2-1 Sevilla (4-3 agg) :eek: Not long left.

Last minute equaliser by Palop (the Sevilla keeper) to make it 2-2

edit: it's going to extra time

Just saw that!

You watching?

No, I couldn't get a decent stream so I'm following it with my broken Spanish on the Marca site's live updates.

edit to couldn't rather than could;)

Az 2-0!

Sevilla 3-2 up!

AZ were 3/1 to qualify. The bookies must lose thousands on AZ in Europe. :D

Sevilla are through, 5-4 on agg (3-2 on the night)

• Advertisement

Barcodes out.

Butt and Taylor both luck to see the end of 90 minutes.

Espanyol definitely through, 3-0 up in 2nd half (3-0 on agg) with all three scored in an eight minute period.

Espanyol win 4-0.

Benfica-PSG poised @ 3-3 on agg with 80mins gone, heading for extra time (both have an away goal)

Benfica win with 88th minute peno. 4-3 on agg.

Through to the QFs:

Benfica
    Sevilla
    Espanyol
    AZ
    Spurs
    Leverkusen
    Werder Bremen
    Osasuna

All the big sides...;) :p:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Dreadful by Newcastle. How the hell is Given still there? Whats in those pictures?

Mike.

Advertisement