Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whats the laziest act your guilty of commiting?

• 14-03-2007 11:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭

I've a few

I was pushed in a pram until i was five !!! my folks had to break it to make me walk!!!

If i'm in my room and fancy a bit of dinner rather than walk and shout to the mother I ring on the phone and get it made.

When i get beers from the fridge i get two save me getting up for another one after the first one is finshed.

I park illegaly kind of in work to get a space nearer the door (not in a wheelchair space) theres a shared car park and I park in another companys spot if all ours are full

Thats all I can think of at the minute but i'm sure there's more ....:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

an example of my laziness is when im drinking at home and dying for a piss, i would rather hold it and be in pain to wait for my drink to be empty so i can go to the kitchen for a fresh can and a piss at the same time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Bazzy

Thats excellent stamina shown there Gar well done:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

an example of my laziness is when im drinking at home and dying for a piss, i would rather hold it and be in pain to wait for my drink to be empty so i can go to the kitchen for a fresh can and a piss at the same time

that's not laziness ... that's efficiency that is ... ummm ... do you piss in the kitchen :confused:

laziness is pissing yerself on the sofa

True lazieness is using a urindom (sp) and having the fridge next to the sofa!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

trout wrote:
    laziness is pissing yerself on the sofa

Guilty as charged.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭skyhighflyer

It once took me ten minutes to decide to scratch my arse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

It once took me ten minutes to decide to scratch my arse.

I am disappointed, brother skyhighflyer. That should not warrant a thought, it should be second nature.

tom dunne wrote:
    I am disappointed, brother skyhighflyer. That should not warrant a thought, it should be second nature.

agreed... brother skyhighflyer, your devotion to the sacred autonomous and unthinking sacrament of arse-scratchery has been noted, don't try so hard in future :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

My husband Hagar sent me in to make this post. I can't remember what he said exactly. Something about "Game over, tell them to close them thread".

Oh yeah, I nearly forgot, I've to get a beer and more crisps.

Ha. can't be arsed to type it himself.... class:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Got a roffle out of me, Hagar. Tough to beat that one. :)

I often IM my wife, who is no more than 2 feet away from me, to ask whats for dinner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Beer guts and receeding [sic] hair?

Someone rename the forum, please:

Beer guts, receding hair, advancing senility and just plain slovenliness in everything we do, especially spelling and grammar.

Would that fit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Slow coach wrote:
    Someone rename the forum, please:

Get with the program man, that would involve work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Peeing in the sink while getting a new beer from the fridge... :o too much hassle to have to go upstairs plus I can see the TV from the kitchen!

jester77 wrote:
    Peeing in the sink while getting a new beer from the fridge... :o too much hassle to have to go upstairs plus I can see the TV from the kitchen!

that's ergonomics that is ... brother jester77 is an inspiration to us all

question: do you ever stop to consider dishes in the sink :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

trout wrote:
    that's ergonomics that is ... brother jester77 is an inspiration to us all

Dishes??

I've never gotten a dish with my pizza or takeaway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

I once spent a whole weekend sitting on a couch for a bet. I peed in a can and got one meal a day from my mates(beans on toast). I only had one cd (Leftfield), some smokes, beer and the telly (rugby World Cup) for company. It was fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

Came home after a heavy nite drinking and needed a ****e but as soon as I started I needed to be sick (probably from the smell) so instead of wiping my arse I stayed sitting on the jacks,put my chin on the sink and puked. I was also experincing a dose of the helicoptors (dizziness). First time time I used two exit points of my body at the same time. Immediately after puking i started to laugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

trout wrote:

Dishes ? We don' need no stinkin' dishes ! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

I once put the tv in my room on its side so I could watch it lying side down! (all the colours started bleeding into each other...nearly fooked the tv up)

I regularly go to bed with my socks on...after a few minutes(when I've warmed up) I want to take them off, but I usually deliberate for about 30mins and end up doing nothing and nodding off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

TheNog wrote:
    Came home after a heavy nite drinking and needed a ****e but as soon as I started I needed to be sick (probably from the smell) so instead of wiping my arse I stayed sitting on the jacks,put my chin on the sink and puked. I was also experincing a dose of the helicoptors (dizziness). First time time I used two exit points of my body at the same time. Immediately after puking i started to laugh

Been there before.

A few time this has happened. I have been out on the lash and the next day I have no energy for anything. I have to get sick but do I leave the bed? Oh no. Over the side.

My digestive system is so lazy that sometimes after eating my stomach sends back little food lumps to be re-chewed and swallowed again.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I am so proud to be here. :)
    • Instead of getting up and walking across a room to do something on a computer i've logged in remotely over the internet.
    • I've watched utter shíte on tv because I couldn't find the remote.
    • Left pots for days "steeping" in the sink
    • Am currently waiting for tomorrows post to do some work. In the meantime reading old dilbert cartoons and browsing boards along with a few car auction site.
    I'm sure there must be more, but too lazy to think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

Bazzy wrote:
    Whats the laziest act your guilty of commiting?

I once didn't bother putting an apostrophe in between the u and the r in you're. As for the e, well I just didn't bother with it at all!!

I presume a post like this gets me automatically banned from this forum?

I once didn't bother putting an apostrophe in between the u and the r in you're. As for the e, well I just didn't bother with it at all!!

I presume a post like this gets me automatically banned from this forum?

life ban and 10 lashes for bringing up grammar and stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

No grammar bashing in this forum...........add that to the charter.

Mrs Hagar, tell Mr Hagar I'd like to subscribe to his newsletter.....also, get him a beer while you're there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭louisecm

Am I allowed to post here as I'm a girl? I am both impressed and repulsed by your laziness. The tv on its side is ingenious. Someone should invent one of those.

• Advertisement

Read teh charter, woommin!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

louisecm wrote:
    Am I allowed to post here as I'm a girl?

Do you have a beer gut and receeding hair?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,799 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

louisecm wrote:
    Am I allowed to post here as I'm a girl? I am both impressed and repulsed by your laziness. The tv on its side is ingenious. Someone should invent one of those.

louisecm - Turn your telly on its side then lie down on your bed. Hey presto! The patented "BG&RH Bedroom TV Technique"!!!

That'll be €50 please.

And get me a beer while your at it... x ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Bazzy

brother hill billy you just put a kiss on a this forum

Punishment is coming your way

Bazzy wrote:
    brother hill billy you just put a kiss on a this forum

Punishment is coming your way

Brother - You gotta keep the wimmins sweet.

Patronising sexism FTW!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

meh.*

*so lazy I can't be arsed with proper reply...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Hill Billy wrote:
    Patronising sexism FTW!
    Should have patted her arse then.

And said 'good girl'.

They love that don't you know.

seansouth wrote:
    Should have patted her arse then.

And said 'good girl'.

They love that don't you know.

it is also permissible to make that "click-click" noise that everyone's uncle knows how to do ... failing that, a Sean Connery impression is always a winner

Finger click is also allowed, as with a whistle.

Back on topic...

I couldn't be bothered getting my hair cut any more - sure isn't it falling out anyway.

Also, I quite often take a pîss in the back garden when I'm having a smoke to save myself having to walk to the loo on the way back to the telly.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

dsc00133dl5.jpg

• Advertisement

actually i think it does need words, note yesterdays motors section from the times as up to dateness.
    Note the 2 laptops, work one closed of course, note yesterdays dinner plate, note the 4 month old pile of post needing work.
    note the various cables i always trip over and never tidy up.
    this my friends is a mans place.

best of all, note the current watching of 'downsize me' on living TV for laughs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Looks like my room actually :p

Brother Daveym, you an inspiration to us all.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭MonkeyWrench

Holy Sh!te Daveym, its says you are a project manager on your profile....god love the project you are currently on :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭homerjk

Brothers this was a mixture of drunkiness and laziness. I have yet to test it out in pure laziness state.

I was watching the TV in the early hours after being on the lash. Needed to dropped the kids of at the pool. We'd just moved into this new apartment and my partner had bought a new bin that evening (there wasn't even a bin bag in it yet).
    Rather than go all the way out to the bathroom (it was closer in the old apartment) I went into the kitchen, kicked the swing lid of the new bin, dropped trou and proceeded to do go about my business. I even polished it of with a billy wizz. I left it to fester there all night until I was awoken the next morning by a psychotic wiiman who resembled my partner beating me with a brush.
    In the end she forgave me and complimented me on the fact that I had the good grace to put the lid back on the bin when I was finished.
    Needless to say I will now have to marry this wiiman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Hill Billy wrote:
    Also, I quite often take a pîss in the back garden when I'm having a smoke to save myself having to walk to the loo on the way back to the telly.
    I'd often do this too.

Holy Sh!te Daveym, its says you are a project manager on your profile....god love the project you are currently on :D

i'm currently on a 5 day weekend of beer and 'home improvement'. Have lost interest though!

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

homerjk wrote:
    Brothers this was a mixture of drunkiness and laziness. I have yet to test it out in pure laziness state.

I was watching the TV in the early hours after being on the lash. Needed to dropped the kids of at the pool. We'd just moved into this new apartment and my partner had bought a new bin that evening (there wasn't even a bin bag in it yet).
    Rather than go all the way out to the bathroom (it was closer in the old apartment) I went into the kitchen, kicked the swing lid of the new bin, dropped trou and proceeded to do go about my business. I even polished it of with a billy wizz. I left it to fester there all night until I was awoken the next morning by a psychotic wiiman who resembled my partner beating me with a brush.
    In the end she forgave me and complimented me on the fact that I had the good grace to put the lid back on the bin when I was finished.
    Needless to say I will now have to marry this wiiman.

You shat in your bin? *wipes tears from eyes*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭homerjk

MarkR wrote:
    You shat in your bin? *wipes tears from eyes*

Guilty as charged Brother.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Brother Homerjk while I admire your ingenuity I urge caution in the future. Those wheelie bins are treacherous bastards and could easily roll out from under you in mid-shyte leaving you hurtling to the carpet with an un-detached log as the only thing to break your fall. Not a pretty outcome. Have a care.

• Advertisement
Advertisement