Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

driving lessons in limerick? (the cost)

Options
  • 14-03-2007 11:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭

can someone give me some quotes for different companies, please? this information is nowhere to be found on the internet.
    also, if i wish to use the driving school's car for my test, will i have to buy some extra insurance? or how much will it cost me, all in all?
    thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

electron wrote:
    if i wish to use the driving school's car for my test, will i have to buy some extra insurance? or how much will it cost me, all in all?
    thanks.
    Surely you would be better off driving in your own car? Receive lessons in it and get used to it that way you will feel more comfortable with the car for the test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭DrivingInfo

Price of Driving Lessons/Pre-Test in Ireland range from €25 to €45 per 1 hour.
    Hire of Driving School Car for use on your test + 1 Pre-Test Lesson should be approximately €100
    You will not need additional insurance cover.

If you are taking your lessons in a school car you only pay for the lesson and not the car while on a lesson.

I hope this is of help to you.
    Regards
    Drivinginfo.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭macshadow

Sorry to hijack but my sister is looking for lessons in an automatic in limerick.
    Anyone here know of a driving school with an auto car.
    btw she's been told by one instructer that there are none.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

macshadow wrote:
    Sorry to hijack but my sister is looking for lessons in an automatic in limerick.
    Anyone here know of a driving school with an auto car.
    btw she's been told by one instructer that there are none.
    I would be amazed if there were. Could she not use her own automatic car?

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭macshadow

She could but she's only in the early stages of learning and doesn't keep her
    car in limerick.
    there's definitely an opening for one imo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Why are so many people now learning to drive in a automatic?
    Surely it makes more sense to learn in a manual and not limit yourself to an automatic?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,116 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Never driven an automatic (not having a go at automatic drivers here) but wouldn't it be fine to learn from scratch in her own car? You don't have to spend time getting used to how to learn how the clutch works and it wouldn't be too dangerous to take complete beginner lessons in a non duel controlled car. Correct me if I'm wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Getting back to the OP's Question I got 11 for €250 from Treaty based in Killaloe but operating out of Limerick...in the Golden Pages....

€100 for 1 hour pre-test and test....I think they had to arrange some sort of insurance because one of the instructors wasn't in the car.

Passed 1st time:D

Come highly recommended!!

I've never driven an auto either, but I'm really tempted to get one considering the amount of time I spend in gridlock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭electron

thanks, drivinginfo and ninty9er (and others).
    ninty9er, where did you practice, in limerick?

electron wrote:
    thanks, drivinginfo and ninty9er (and others).
    ninty9er, where did you practice, in limerick?

I got the Caherdavin route and the Raheen/Mungeret Route as well as 1 city centre at rush hour for clutch control and road rage. First lesson was on the Shannon dual-carriageway (traffic only moves in one direction and there's a hard shoulder) to assess driving skill then back to town on the back roads...found them really good

• Advertisement

i'm curious now :) did you have any previous driving experience or did you start from the scratch?

electron wrote:
    i'm curious now :) did you have any previous driving experience or did you start from the scratch?

I knew what the pedals did and had 1 lesson with my dad (DO NOT GET IN A CAR WITH ANYONE OTHER THAN AN INSTRUCTOR)

sounds great :)
    can't find them in the golden pages tho :confused:
    can you post any contacts?

some schools seem to offer 1 hr lessons whereas others expect you to take 2 hrs at a time. so which option should i go for? 5x2 or 10x1?

Advertisement