Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

damn orals and test

Options
  • 14-03-2007 11:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭

right, i got my date for my driving test, the 16th of april! whoo, ive been waiting for it since july! but im in leaving cert, and my orals for irish could be on that day, they might not, but could be, not sure yet. but lets say they are and i have to cancel, how long will i be waiting for another test? the same again?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭DeBeere

I think if you write/contact the test centre they may be able to postpone it to the next available slot(ie. open slot due to cancelation)

My friend broke his arm a while back and got a note from the doctor stating this. They gave him the next available place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭DrivingInfo

Driver Testing Section
    Government Offices
    Department of Transport
    Ballina
    Co. Mayo
    Tel: (096) 78289
    LoCall: (1890) 406 040
    Fax: (096) 24400
    E-mail:drivingtest@transport.ie

Explain your situation and they will do their best to facilitate you ASAP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Seinas

get a letter from your employer saying that you need a full licence for work purposes........you should get it within 5 weeks ;) why didnt you do that last year??

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Seinas wrote:
    get a letter from your employer saying that you need a full licence for work purposes........you should get it within 5 weeks ;) why didnt you do that last year??

Almost everyone who applied for their test sends a letter of this type to them. I think at best you might be put on a list for a cancelation.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

ring them up and explain the situation, they'll put you in the next available cancelation slot.

don't cancel it and then reapply with a letter, that's just silly tbh.

• Advertisement
Advertisement