Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ideas for a 94 xli Toyota Corolla??

Options
  • 15-03-2007 1:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

hiya
    im new to this but ye all seem lovely,was on another discussion site an they tore people who didnt have m3 bmws or high performance cars to shreds....

rite i have a dilema..iv bought a 94 toyota corolla and fallen head over heels in love with it as a car!

only thing is its nct is due in july and the front bumper has a nice ding in it!
    anyone have any idea where i can get it fixed/modified/or a new fancy bumper??

any suggestions are greatly appreciated
    thanx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Trx

http://www.evolutionbodykits.com/

Dealt with these in the past and found them sound enough !!!!

But be prepared to spend as much on the bumper as you paid for the corolla !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

If you like the Corolla I'd recommend you change your 1.3 XLi for a 1.5 SE Limited japanese import model which will come fully loaded. If your insurance can take it, there are also more high performance versions available.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,229 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

colm_mcm wrote:
    If you like the Corolla I'd recommend you change your 1.3 XLi for a 1.5 SE Limited japanese import model which will come fully loaded. If your insurance can take it, there are also more high performance versions available.

I had one of these for my first car, very well kitted out, electrics all round, aircon, different interior, comfier seats, wind deflectors and a sweet 1.5 16 valve engine, v.nippy.

TBH and not being smart about it I woudnt be bothered sinking money into a '94 1.3xli Corolla, you won't see it back. Better option s save the money and go for something with more oomph.

EDIT: Anothe suggestion is to not buy such an old car with such a short NCT, not being funny with you, but it just doesn't make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

bigkev49 wrote:
    I had one of these for my first car, very well kitted out, electrics all round, aircon, different interior, comfier seats, wind deflectors and a sweet 1.5 16 valve engine, v.nippy.

TBH and not being smart about it I woudnt be bothered sinking money into a '94 1.3xli Corolla, you won't see it back. Better option s save the money and go for something with more oomph.

EDIT: Anothe suggestion is to not buy such an old car with such a short NCT, not being funny with you, but it just doesn't make sense.

Its certainly a reliable car, and the 1.5 SE does sound like a nice spec, but I'd agree, leave the 1.3 xli alone. What is the big fascination with putting massive mudflaps on them?

Advertisement