Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladies Basketball clubs in Southside Dublin?

Options
  • 15-03-2007 10:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I played a bit of basketball in school and always said I'd get into it here but I never did. Does anyone know of any clubs on the south side that are taking on new ppl? Its just for fun really, I'd need somewhere mainly training based where I can improve, I wouldn't be good enough to play in a competitive team.

Any suggestions be greatly appreciated?!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭phil

You're coming close to the end of the season now, so you may be out of luck for a few months. No harm making contact now though! Have you had a look at the club list on www.dlbb.net ? (Click on the 'Clubs' link on the left hand side).

(In the Inter 2 division, Kilnamanagh and Rathgar would definitely be southside)

I think Ger Jago (Superleague player for Hoops) is training the Kilnamanagh ladies team, so that might not be a bad place to go.

some of the teams might be fine with you training with them if you're not interested in playing competitively. The fun is in the games and the craic surrounding them though, so I'd try and see if you can get involved fully. Anyway, that's up to you.

Give the contact number there a ring, if they're not interested, they might know some club who is!

Phil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

Cheers Phil,

I'd defo want to play competitively if i thought I was good enough but I really wouldnt be. Thats why I'd like some coaching, yknow? I only played in a few games at school. Its something I'd love to get into properly though. Im in D6 so rathgar might be a better bet, but sure Il give them a call anyway!

Advertisement