Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tame Heron along the quays?

Options
  • 15-03-2007 10:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭

Hi Lads,
    Spent a great week recently in Galway city and had a super time.
    Anyways...I was passing through the Spanish Arch and walking along the side of the Corrib when I came a cross a Heron standing at the side of the road by the river.
    Normally I can only get to within about 20 metres or so of one of these before it flies off, but this one let me get to within almost touching distance before it flew off a little.
    I thought it was injured at first but it could fly and walk normally when it chose to.

Just wondering what the deal is. Do you guys have a tame Heron living along the banks of the Corrib right in the city?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

If he's the same one that lives on mill street his name is Ralph.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Just checked the map and the street was The Long Walk.

Hmm... might be the same one, or a buddy of his maybe, he does head off for a while every now and again, and doesn't say where he's going

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Bit of a stop out so.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I see Ralph at the Mill street pond regularly. He's sound.

• Advertisement

He's my neighbour, he's good people

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

yip he's always down at dun Angus and have even hand fed him a few times..

Advertisement