Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Exhaust Broken - Will Warranty Repalce if not bought by me?

Options
  • 15-03-2007 11:38am
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The other day my exhaust on my 2002 Civic Type R started rattling like crazy – the noise comes from under the centre of the car and its loud and horrible. I thought a bracket had just come loose and I could just get it welded back on. However my mechanic checked it out and said that what happened was inside the small silencer in the middle of the car, there is a sort of honeycomb mettle thing that acts as a silencer. This has broken and come away and that’s what is causing the noise. It is a full stainless steel Magnex exhaust.

I emailed Magnex last night and they came back with this today:

--
    Good Morning,

I need to ask you a couple of questions first before I replace the front silencer.

Are you the original purchaser of the system?
    Did you register the warranty with us?
    Do you have a invoice/delivery note number?
    Where did you purchase the system from?
    When did you purchase it from?

Sorry to have to ask but I have to.
    Kind Regards
    Steve
    --

So, I’m not the original purchaser, but I can probably get in contact with him if needed. I think he bought it online and I doubt he’d have a receipt or have registered the warranty.
    Do you think this will mean they will not replace it? What is my stance here?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

It really depends on Magnex. I'd imagine the terms of their warranty stipulate that the exhaust must have been purchased from an authorised distributor, receipt available, warranty registered etc. That said, they may replace it as a goodwill gesture anyway. On the other hand, they would presumably be fully within their rights not to. For all they (or you or the original purchaser) know, it may have come off the back of a lorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I'd say if you don't have the correct answers to the questions they will refuse warranty. I'd imagine it would be better if the original purchaser persued the warranty claim as the warranty may not be transferable. As a bare minimum you will need an official receipt for the exhaust.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I would have thought as it had a lifetime guarantee - and i can proove it is their product, surely the other things do not matter! Customer Satisfaction should be a prioority, a pissed off customer will be far more expensive in the long run that sending me a repalcement...

What should I reply?

Zascar wrote:
    I would have thought as it had a lifetime guarantee - and i can proove it is their product, surely the other things do not matter! Customer Satisfaction should be a prioority, a pissed off customer will be far more expensive in the long run that sending me a repalcement...

What should I reply?
    I'm guessing it has a lifetime warranty if it was bought from an authorised retailer. If it wasn't then it probably doesn't. If I were you i'd contact the original purchaser to see what documentation he has.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Sweet! They said they would replace it for me as a goodwill gesture!
    I'm delighted! I wonder if they will replace the whole thing or just the mid section. He said the parcel was going to be about 2 meters long and 300mm thick...

• Advertisement

Zascar wrote:
    Sweet! They said they would replace it for me as a goodwill gesture!
    I'm delighted! I wonder if they will replace the whole thing or just the mid section. He said the parcel was going to be about 2 meters long and 300mm thick...
    I'm impressed, hats off to Magnex.

Advertisement