Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pitman training centres? Has anyone done a course there?

Options
  • 15-03-2007 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hello,

Currently looking at doing a course with a Pitman training centre and was wondering if any one has previoulsy completed a course or is in the process of completing a course with a pitman training centre?

Just wondering how did you find the course and what you make of the training style?

Cheers
    Conor

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i did a course with them, need to update some of skill. you cant fail, because if you get stuck on anything in the exam, they tell you what to do and look over your finished paper to check everything is okay.

it was good because you could go at your own speed, so if you already knew how to do some of the stuff you didnt need to waste time with it

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Dj shaft

@ irishbird - cheers for that! Where did you do yours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 scas

Do you think it was worth the money ?

Did you get a good job out of it ?

Did it open up new opportunites ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 VickyVA

I am in the process of completing two Pitman courses. I am doing them to update some skills as I want to work for myself.

I find Pitman good because, I can work at my own pace at home and only need to go into the centres to complete the exams and to do some of the modules that can only be completed in-house. Even when you are working at home, you can always contact the centre if you encounter a problem, I have found the staff very helpful at all times. I am studing out of the Tralee centre.

The reference books that you get with each module are yours to keep and for furture reference even when the courses are finished. You can also have them when you are completing the exams.

Regards,
    Vicky

Advertisement