Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water problem! help!

Options
  • 15-03-2007 11:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I have a gas combi-boiler that was only fitted in 2006, when I had heating installed and the house basically re-plumbed.

I turned on the hot water this morning to have a bath and hardly any water came out of the tap, and whatever did come out was a dirty colour.

The cold water tap is fine.

I don't understand this. Surely both taps come from the same source (as I don't have a tank)?

I rang my plumber and he says that he can't understand it (?!!!)

Can anyone offer a few suggestions as to what the cause might be so that I'm in some way prepared when I speak to him later. I don't want to be made a fool of.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

It may be possible that the Hot water is been fed from the tank in the attic and cold is from the mains. Check your tank in the attic to see if there's any build-up of crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Kitty Calnan

No, I don't think so. The tank in the attic was taken out when I got the gas in.

Maybe I should just ring Bord Gais?

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭tapest

Hi Kitty
    "hardly any water came out of the tap" . "dirty colour"

If you haven't got a leak (unlikely) and if the "flow control valve is ok(chances are it is) then it is probably an obstruction. Your comments suggest obstruction and I'll bet you it's the filter just after the cold feed.
    t

Advertisement