Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St. Patrick's Day, so what will you be doing?

• 15-03-2007 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭

Hi just wondering what all the Waterfordians will be doing on Saturday.

Myself I won't be bothering with the parade as its supposed to be raining on Sat, plus the last few parades I've been to I very disappointed in. Don't know if its just me but I remember them being much better when I was a child. There seemed to be more floats. Nowadays its seems to be a lot of waiting around with lots of gaps. Fair play to those who walk in it & no offense. Suppose if its really sunny might head down to see it..

Will probably go out to Tramore, walk on the beach, play a few slots & get some chips for dinner. Head home into town & go to the local for one or two around 7:30 & be the only sober ones in the pub!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭manonthemoon

Hi just wondering what all the Waterfordians will be doing on Saturday.

Myself I won't be bothering with the parade as its supposed to be raining on Sat, plus the last few parades I've been to I very disappointed in. Don't know if its just me but I remember them being much better when I was a child. There seemed to be more floats. Nowadays its seems to be a lot of waiting around with lots of gaps. Fair play to those who walk in it & no offense. Suppose if its really sunny might head down to see it..

Will probably go out to Tramore, walk on the beach, play a few slots & get some chips for dinner. Head home into town & go to the local for one or two around 7:30 & be the only sober ones in the pub!

Traditional Paddys Day for me.

Going drinking & Backing horses ALL DAY in O'Neills in Tramore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭joe25

Going to watch parade in Tramore and then go to O'Neills for drink and food.
    Going to stay as long as my 16 month old child will let me.lol.So Maybe only stay for one or two if I am lucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Worst day ever in town, I'll probably head out to a pub for the first time in ten years though. Just to see mind you!

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭brown*eyed*girl

O'Neills is my uncles local afaik, he lives around the corner so I've been there a few times. Its a nice local, nice crowd.

I like Tramore on Paddy's day. Its a bit of a tradition of ours to go out there.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Roen wrote:
    Worst day ever in town, I'll probably head out to a pub for the first time in ten years though. Just to see mind you!

Jesus Roen, you really need to get out more if its 10 years since you were last in a pub:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

I'll probably end up working the morning, then photography for the evening...

Parade can be very dissapointing, especially compared to Spraoi!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Yeah the parade nowadays is a few irish dancers and ould fellas dressed up on a bale of hay being pulled along by a tractor and maybe one or two bausch+lomb banners attached to aforementioned tractor!! :D
    I have no solid plans as of yet. I'll just wait and see where the day takes me!

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭brown*eyed*girl

Asmodean wrote:
    Yeah the parade nowadays is a few irish dancers and ould fellas dressed up on a bale of hay being pulled along by a tractor and maybe one or two bausch+lomb banners attached to aforementioned tractor!! :D
    I have no solid plans as of yet. I'll just wait and see where the day takes me!

:D you're spot on with that summary. I think we've gotten so used to the spraoi & fireworks that the parade seems dull now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Watching Ballyhale Shamrocks take the AIB Hurling Club Final (fingers crossed).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

Watching the Rugby and hopefully Ireland can beat Italy by enough to win the Six Nations

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I'm working from 9-5 but I'm in a prime position to see the parade - assuming the Tower slows to a standstill during the parade. I don't think I'll bother going out afterwards. The prospect of me having to try play catch up with my friends isn't a very nice one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Maharet

Same thing we do every Paddy's Day, getting pissed from early afternoon on. :) Been a few years since I was in Waterford for it though. :)

Advertisement