Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3 Unlimited Broadband on Windows Mobile

• 15-03-2007 12:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭

Hi,

Has anybody tried to use the new 3 unlimited broadband add-on (not talking about data card) on a windows mobile device?

I know people in the uk can use x-series on windows mobile devices.

My fujitsu siemens Loox 830 3G smartphone has 3G, I understand its not a phone supplied by three and in theory they request that you not use other handsets but in practice as long as you set your phone not to roam into 2/2.5 G mode they done really care.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Yes, however there seem to be some technical issues with the service at the moment, for example accessing POP accounts seems to be problematic. A colleague of mine got it and is sending it back because he can't even access our company web pages with it, it just times out, and others are reporting issues with secure web sites.

My advice: stick with Vodafone or hang in there and wait for O2 to unveil their broadband service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

i agree with urban weigl.

o2 are doing a revamp to their data tariffs,because 3g is not fully launched with o2,they are still finalising their tariffs etc,and they are going to launch a full broadband package similar to 3,except there are no limitations as ye have encountered with 3,so watch this space with o2.
    should be out in the next month or so.

damo

I would suggest that 3 change their slogan to: "Ireland's smallest network, join us to find out why!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

A colleague of mine got it and is sending it back because he can't even access our company web pages with it

You sure this is just not just a mobile browser issue? Is the site XHTML? I know the O2 site looks dire on mobiles and has all sorts of problems on Safari.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

damo86 wrote:

o2 are doing a revamp to their data tariffs,because 3g is not fully launched with o2,they are still finalising their tariffs etc,and they are going to launch a full broadband package similar to 3,except there are no limitations as ye have encountered with 3,so watch this space with o2.

damo
    A month, that will be the day
    were did ya hear that?

• Advertisement

1huge1 wrote:
    A month, that will be the day
    were did ya hear that?
    from o2 themselves,got a phonecall form data support,when i queried there data tariffs.

You sure this is just not just a mobile browser issue? Is the site XHTML? I know the O2 site looks dire on mobiles and has all sorts of problems on Safari.

It doesn't load at all, it simply stalls and can't connect. I think it's because we run it on a different "port", and 3 seem to be running port 80 through a proxy, and have blocked everything else (besides 443 for SSL maybe, but even that seems to be causing issues for some people).

My advice to anybody who is considering 3 is to go with O2 or Vodafone instead. It's not worth the hassle.

damo86 wrote:
    from o2 themselves,got a phonecall form data support,when i queried there data tariffs.
    cool its about time, i was beginning to think meteor would have their 3G fully availble before O2

I don't know why you got told it'll be available in a month. The full blown service anyway is still a few months away as testing hasn't started yet. O2 are upgrading an absolutely huge number of sites, though, so coverage from day one should match what Vodafone and 3 have built up in the past few years for most people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I won't hold my breath waiting for O2 to get its act together as I know someone who is working on the 3G network security project.

• Advertisement

I don't know why you got told it'll be available in a month. The full blown service anyway is still a few months away as testing hasn't started yet. O2 are upgrading an absolutely huge number of sites, though, so coverage from day one should match what Vodafone and 3 have built up in the past few years for most people.
    when he said "in a month or so" he probably failed to tell that the "or so" part would mean a couple months :rolleyes:

@jimmycrackcorm

what you mean,the person you know is not very good at his job :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭wirelessdude

damo86 wrote:

did they give you any idea on what the pricing will be like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

damo86 wrote:
    when he said "in a month or so" he probably failed to tell that the "or so" part would mean a couple months :rolleyes:

@jimmycrackcorm

what you mean,the person you know is not very good at his job :D

He's good allright but considering that O2 first deployed 3G technology in 2003 - what does that tell you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

damo86 wrote:

damo

sounds interesting.
    better data add-ons for a windows mobile device..exactly what I've been looking for tbh.

will these better data tarriffs apply to GPRS HANDSETS as well, not just 3g ones?

or would i've to go and upgrade to 3g to avail of them.

and anyone know if vf are planning anything similar any time soon?

btw I gather the new add-ons from 3 are no good for windows mobile devices, right.
    (seems a few people over in the other thread are disappointed with the add-ons as well because they can't use them properly).

He's good allright but considering that O2 first deployed 3G technology in 2003 - what does that tell you?

News about it here:
    http://www.umts-forum.org/servlet/dycon/ztumts/umts/Live/en/umts/News_3GArchive_2003_OctDec_Article151203b

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

damo86 wrote:

damo

True, one of the docs O2 showed us recently claimed 5MB UPLOAD and 14.4MB download by 2008, no details on tarrifs though; however at least Three has probably done us all a favour with their pricing in that O2 and Vodafone may revise their pricing :-)

Reminds me of when digiweb brought out metro
    sure made them all up their speeds

Advertisement