Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fable 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I loved the first one and if the second improves on it, I'll be more than happy. Peter Molyneaux did let his mouth get carried away with itself during the build up to the original, but Fable was never-the-less a great game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I like the quote from the end of the article:
    GameSpot wrote:
    Molyneux, who openly admits to becoming somewhat infamous for making and not delivering on promises about his games in recent years, ended the presentation with just one: "I promise you will feel moved," he said.

Hope this isn't another strike for him. But sure at least he tries :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I doubt he'll deliver half of what he has said, and a dog as replacement for a HUD? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

I made the mistake of playing fable after playing oblivion and henceforth found it altogether too linear and non-interactive. Damn, and I wanted to give it a chance an all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

humanji wrote:
    ...and I'm starting to get my hopes up for this one.

Mistake #1. ;)

I won't follow the build up and will hopefully be pleasantly surprised when it comes out.

• Advertisement

Mistake #1. ;)

I won't follow the build up and will hopefully be pleasantly surprised when it comes out.

Good idea. I'll transfer all my longing into Duke Nukem Forever instead. All though if it's actually ever released, I'll be ever so disappointed :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

I'm sorry but that dog sounds cool.
    At first I was a bit apprehensive.
    Thoughts of having to tell the dog what to do, were making me a little doubtful, but if it's as self serving as the article implies this could be very promising!
    Plus the idea of a kick ass doberman pissing on my vanquished enemies is strangely appealing!:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

Did e watch the video of it in action?
    I think IGN has one up, about 30min long.

It looks like it could work quite well.
    I hope the dog won't get injured everytime there is a battle or is whimpering could be the end of him!

Yeah I was thinking, that once he dies, you've feck all chance of finding anything that's hidden (plus you'd lose your best friend :( )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭FranchisePlayer

Yeah i'd say this game would be alright even though fable wasn't even half the game peter moleneyeux promised but i always thought fable was an enjoyable game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,707 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Not a huge Fable fan but enjoyed it when I was playing it. Lot of good things about it - although it was very linear, and I didnt like the Lost Chapter at all at all. But with some next gen power and knowledge between them, I think Lionhead could make a really really good game here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

When is it meant to be released?

Don't think there's an actual release date yet, but by the end of the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Having completely missed the hype on this game when it came out in 2004, I picked up the first Fable there on Friday and I'm enjoying it immensely at the moment. I own Oblivion on both the PC and 360, and I'm actually having more fun with Fable than I ever had with Oblivion.

"Linear" is not necessarily a bad thing IMO, and "open-ended" or "sand-box" does not mean something is good. I think Oblivion suffered from being too un-focused. Too much if left up to your thoughts on your character and your imagination which isn't reflected in the game itself, and it comes across as shallow and soulless.

What I want mostly from an RPG is to play the role in a grand fantasy story. Strong storytelling is paramount for me, and something that's not easily achieved in an open-ended game. If its done well, is entertaining and fun, then I'm all for the dreaded "linear" experience of the great RPGs of old, eg Baldur's Gate. I may not replay the game as often as I'll screw around with Oblivion, but on the first play through I'll be a damn sight more entertained.

I'm really hoping Lionhead haven't been taken in by the Elder-Scrolls style of RPG, or the current buzz around so called "sand-box" games. I really hope Fable 2 has a strong structured entertaining story.

Advertisement