Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All WWE PPV's to be multi branded

• 15-03-2007 3:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭

Originally Posted by WrestlingObserver.com
    WWE sent out a press release today announcing that from this point forward, all PPV events will feature wrestlers from all three brands. This decision was actually made back in January based on the decline of PPV numbers domestically in 2007 as compared to the huge growth in UFC numbers at the same period of time. No Way Out was the first show of the new policy, but they are announcing it starts with Backlash. Backlash will be branded a Raw/Smackdown/ECW show as opposed to being a Raw show with Smackdown and ECW stars on it. In particular, the numbers for the single brand shows in November and December caused the change.

WWE's remaining 2007 PPV schedule shapes up like this:

WWE WrestleMania XXIII - April/1st/2007 - Detroit, MI at Ford Field.
    WWE Backlash - April/29th/2007 - Atlanta, GA at Philips Arena.
    WWE Judgment Day - May/20th/2007 - St. Louis, MO at Scottrade Center.
    WWE One Night Stand III - June/3rd/2007 - Jacksonville, FL at Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena.
    WWE Vengeance - June/24th/2007 - Houston, TX at Toyota Center.
    WWE The Great American Bash - July/22nd/2007 - San Jose, CA at HP Pavilion.
    WWE SummerSlam - August/26th/2007 - East Rutherford, NJ at Continental Airlines Arena.
    WWE Unforgiven - September/16th/2007 - Memphis, TN at FedEx Forum.
    WWE No Mercy - October/7th/2007 - Rosemont, IL at Allstate Arena.
    WWE Cyber Sunday - October/28th/2007 - Washington, DC at Verizon Center.
    WWE Survivor Series - November/18th/2007 - Miami, FL at American Airlines Arena.
    WWE December To Dismember - December/2nd/2007 - Charlotte, NC at Cricket Arena.
    WWE Armageddon - December/16th/2007 - Pittsburgh, PA at Mellon Arena.

I guess it's just confirming what has been going on at recent PPV's and is a good move to address it properly. Looking at that list though, its mid March and there are still 13 PPV's to go this year, which is way too much. No wonder they aren't making as much money as they expect. They should limit the number of PPV's to one a month at the most, 2 in 2 weeks before Christmas is stupid.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I think it's bad news for some of the talented lower-card guys. Their spot on the ppv's will be taken by the top stars from the other shows, which will make it harder for WWE to make new stars. Although they haven't fared too well at that anyway, so they might as well just change it up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I guess the brand split will become less of an issue now as guys will have to appear on different shows to set up feuds.

Backlash is not a PPV over here is it? I think we had it on Sky Sports last year but I'm not sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

The ones in bold above are ones on Sky, according to an older thread here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Right decision IMO.

The sole brand PPVs have generally been piss poor. Its a shame for the mid-to-lower card guys but when people are been charged $40 and not getting value for money and WWE making less sales then it's tough sh!t really it has to be done.

If WWE are going to push interbrand PPV matches from now on then I suspect this will eventually sometime down the line lead to the end of the brand extension.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Whilst I believe this is a good move in the whole, I think they will have to re-brand the One Night Stand ppv because the whole concept of that ppv was ECW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I'm all for this, I loved when it started at Bad Blood in 2003, but the previous 2 years of single-brand PPVs are fair sh*te at the moment bar a select few, so now they can't go back to the multi-brand PPVs fast enough for me.

I don't think they will end the brand extension though, there is too much talent (I suppose you could call it talent) in the WWE at the moment, they would have to get rid of too many superstars and knowing Vince, it would probably be the talented ones he gets rid of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

The brand extension won't be ending any time soon, WWE makes far more money with the shows the way they are. PPV buyrates have been falling though, that's why they're targetting this area. You might think that this will make the ppv's better, but at Backlash we could be having Batista and Lashley instead of maybe Shelton and Nitro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

its got both good and bad points
    good: no more ppvs with recycled matches from raw/smackdown does anyone need to see booker vs finlay/batista/lashley/kennedy again? nope

bad:guys like london and kendrick losing a spot on a card to make way for the great khali (can you BELIEVE hes on the card at wrestlemania yet theres no ecw or intercontinental title matches?!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Well the ECW champ is fighting the Intercontinental champ. The lack of a tag title match or Cruiserweight match is worse imo. I reckon MNM vs Kendrick and London will be announced soon seeing as we have to endure Ashley vs Melina.
    WM normally has 10 matches too and so far, with that tag match we have 9, so some Cruiserweight cluster**** is bound to happen too.

Advertisement