Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you need to be a registered Busienss to import from China

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

drdre wrote:
    Where does it state that?
    If damage or injury is sustained from a particular product, the user may hold the manufacturer, authorized representative, agent or importer responsible. European legislation in the area of product liability allows users of products to claim damages as the result of an injury. All manufacturers, exporters and importers have a responsibility to ensure that the products they place on the market are safe. European product liability legislation provides instruments and enforcement for user who wants to claim damages.
    I did a start your own business course with Enterprise Ireland. One of the classes was with a solicitor who told us that. She said that the first to import the particular product into the EU can be held liable for defects causing injury or damage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

axer wrote:
    I did a start your own business course with Enterprise Ireland. One of the classes was with a solicitor who told us that. She said that the first to import the particular product into the EU can be held liable for defects causing injury or damage.

I didnt mean to say you are wrong.i just wanted to know where you got the information.
    Thats good information.How did you find that course as i was thinking of doing it.How much does it cost and do they help you set up and what support do they give you after the course is finished.

drdre wrote:
    How did you find that course as i was thinking of doing it.
    Thinking back it may have only had something to do with FAS and the county enterprise board but I thought it was very good. There were modules on finance with an accountant, time management with a business man/shareholder of galway bay fm (maybe ex shareholder now). I think there may have been 1 or 2 other modules. All very practical, interesting and very good for asking questions and getting answers. It was all run over 3/4 days.
    drdre wrote:
    How much does it cost and do they help you set up and what support do they give you after the course is finished.
    It was completely free. I think it had something to do with fas aswell. They all gave email addresses and phone numbers if anyone wanted to follow up.

As I said, I don't think it was enterprise Ireland as I previously thought.

drdre wrote:
    I didnt mean to say you are wrong.i just wanted to know where you got the information.
    Thats good information.How did you find that course as i was thinking of doing it.How much does it cost and do they help you set up and what support do they give you after the course is finished.
    I would double check that with a solicitor again to make doublely sure but we grilled her pretty hard when she told us that so she seemed 100% without a doubt sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

axer wrote:
    I would double check that with a solicitor again to make doublely sure but we grilled her pretty hard when she told us that so she seemed 100% without a doubt sure.

HEHEH :)
    Where did you do the course.

• Advertisement
Advertisement