Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for a bar/pub/club for this Friday

Options
  • 15-03-2007 3:42pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Looking for somewhere different to go on Friday and am struggling to think of anywhere...

Am looking for a place with music (general charty/classic stuff I suppose, not too loud so I can't hear people talking etc.), decent seating (with a place to dance too)... don't want a snobby crowd but would like somewhere nice with a decent crowd.

Spotted SiN, a place I'd heard about but have never been to. What kind of music do they play there and what's the place and crowd like?

Anyone got any suggestions, they'd be very helpful - just don't want to go to one of the same 5 places again - I can do that any other week.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Come to the Mint Bar, Salsa nigt on every Friday night, I'll be on the door and will surely only charge you half the entrance fee ;)

Sin is decent, plays the usual mix of chart crap. Have been to Dandelion in Stephen's Green a couple of times now, loads of seating etc. DJ can be a bit wierd though, last song I remember him playing was REM's - Everybody Hurts :confused:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Yeah, wasn't overwhelmed by Dandelion - very pricey pint of Guinness too!

Thinking I'll start the night in 4 Dame Lane and go from there - so any suggestions on where to go after that are welcome (but not sure about Salsa!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭lady_j

flogen wrote:

Spotted SiN, a place I'd heard about but have never been to. What kind of music do they play there and what's the place and crowd like?

Sin has an awful mix of wannabes, snobs and knackers. Esp the VIP bit....

But then Im more of cosy bar girl myself.

Hogans? Actually it'll be way too busy. The Market Bar can be good, but they dont play any music.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

The Odeon fits the description you gave to a tee. At least it did the last time i was there.

Advertisement