Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dual network cards vpn client

Options
  • 15-03-2007 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭

I have a situation where i need to have a machine connected to 2 networks at once.

The machine uses a cisco VPN client.

It is running windows 2000 and has 2 network cards.

card 1 192.168.1.1 connecting to the VPN

card 2 192.168.2.1 connecting to the lan can ping machines in the 192.168.2.0 subnet

however i want to have card 2 on 192.168.1.2 (ie in the same subnet as card1)

when the VPN is connected the machine is no longer able to access the lan on card1
    i want to be able to access the lan on card2 and the vpn on card1

what route command mojo can i do to make this work. i'm thinking i should be able to swing something involving metrics????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,150 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

The Cisco VPN client (depending on version but anything in the last few years) installs as a network interface of it's own. So when you mentioned 2 cards are you already including the virtual NIC the client created or is card-1 a real NIC that happens to connect to your internet Gateway? When connected the VPN does set itself as the Default Gateway with a metric of 1. Most of what you want to do is usually defined on the end concentrator (The IP range, whether to allow access to local or remote subnets outside of the tunnel etc.). What are you connecting to and do you have admin. access to it?

Advertisement