Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using ActiveSync to load maps into the storage card

• 15-03-2007 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hi,

Has anybody used ActiveSync to load maps (.prm files) into the storage card of AIRIS GPS?

I have AIRIST920 GPS, with route66 navigator software and 512MB storage card.

I used it and found that:
    1) It is extremely slow
    2) It does not complete the download and starts downloading all over again.

Has anybody faced similar issues?

Thanks,
    thehedges

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

thehegdes wrote:
    Hi,

Has anybody used ActiveSync to load maps (.prm files) into the storage card of AIRIS GPS?

I have AIRIST920 GPS, with route66 navigator software and 512MB storage card.

I used it and found that:
    1) It is extremely slow
    2) It does not complete the download and starts downloading all over again.

Has anybody faced similar issues?

Thanks,
    thehedges

I find Activesync slow and unreliable- hardly use it at all for transferring files to my pda.

better off using a card reader for transferring large files. they cost a few quid and are very handy (unless of course you have a built-in card reader on your laptop).

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭thehegdes

Thanks for your input. I luckily had card reader/writer on my laptop and now, the loading happened in a jiffy!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

thehegdes wrote:
    Thanks for your input. I luckily had card reader/writer on my laptop and now, the loading happened in a jiffy!!!

The USB port on the T920 is only v1.1, so it will be very very slow to transfer any large amounts of data.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

thehegdes wrote:

good stuff.

Advertisement