Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin F1 City Circuit

• 15-03-2007 5:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭

If one was to do this for a game, what route would you take?

Some thoughts I had would be down past Jury's Christ Church onto Dame St...that downhill sweep would be magic in an F1 car.

Also the spire could act as a hairpin..around that and back down O'Connell st....up Westmoreland st and Grafton St. into Stephens Green ....

:cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 dazman2250

Up Grafton street on the cobbles, going through St Stephens Green shopping centre, up the escalators, Jump through the top floor windows of Cafe Kylemore into the park, then out onto Leeson street, bit of a splash through the canal and then down to the merrion centre in Ballsbridge with the race ending in the frozen peas isle, i know its not an circuit, more of a rally stage but i'd still like to see it....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

You know what the mad thing is? I remember reading somewhere about 10 or 12 years ago that there was some consortium of rich businessmen trying to put together a plan for an F1 race around the streets of Dublin ala the Monaco Grand Prix. I think they even got as far as getting a title sponsor for the race and everything who were willing to put up a large sum of money towards the running of it. Didn't hear anything more than that, though, and it all seemed to fizzle out quietly after that.

A while ago in our local weekender newspaper I read a crazy story about some bunch of guys who are looking to purchase some bogland around here or something with a plan to build a full, F1-spec, Grand Prix circuit with the hope of someday hosting an F1 race here. And I thought April Fool's Day wasn't for another couple of weeks! ;):D

Advertisement