Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment (Archived)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭kaizersoze1980

Mark63 wrote: »
    Yep - have been for the assesment and they can do it. Booked in for it now.

Thought about it before but now have a real reason to do it!!

mind me asking where your getting it done? I need to get it done too, was recommended the mater clinic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 iceman_kill

I just got my feedback from stage two and I actually did well in the interview and passed it but failed the report writing, could anyone PM me a good home study course that would help me pass it next time??

Much appreciated and good luck to anyone starting next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭missmorbeg

How can u get a hold of that feedback , do u have to request it

I just got my feedback from stage two and I actually did well in the interview and passed it but failed the report writing, could anyone PM me a good home study course that would help me pass it next time??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

can i ask when you received result of stage2 and how long you were waiting for the feedback? I got mine on the 14th and been waiting since for feedback (told would be another 2weeks at least before i get it)

missmorbeg wrote: »
    How can u get a hold of that feedback , do u have to request it

you just have to write a letter into PAS asking for it and they post it out to you, include your candidate number etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Mark63

mind me asking where your getting it done? I need to get it done too, was recommended the mater clinic

Sent you PM with all the details

iceman i just replied to your PM, cheers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Jacqui21

Hi all!

Can anyone tell me what date in august is the next intake? and can you deferre it to the next intake?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭shakin

Jacqui21 wrote: »
    Hi all!

Can anyone tell me what date in august is the next intake? and can you deferre it to the next intake?

4th i guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭quirkek2

Hi all!

Hi Jacqui21,

August 6th is the next intake date. You can usually defer. Im not sure if you have to have a valid reason, ie family etc. but if you really want to defer the best thing to do is just ask the person who rings you to say you're in and see what they say. Ive heard of people who havn't had any problem in deferring so id say that's your best option.

hope this helps.

• Advertisement

kerry4sam wrote: »
    yeah Monday 4th August AFAIK ...

bank holiday, i forgot:o

apologies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Jacqui21

thanks for the quick reply!

quirkek2 wrote: »
    Hi Jacqui21,

August 6th is the next intake date. You can usually defer. Im not sure if you have to have a valid reason, ie family etc. but if you really want to defer the best thing to do is just ask the person who rings you to say you're in and see what they say. Ive heard of people who havn't had any problem in deferring so id say that's your best option.

hope this helps.

ok so we have had 4th 5th 6th, whos next with a go???:D

shakin wrote: »
    v good post, good luck with it.
    thanks shakin...ill let ye know how it goes. good luck to you too, i apologise i dont know what stage you're at yourself, a lot of people on this, very hard to keep track of what stage people are at.

thanks shakin...ill let ye know how it goes. good luck to you too, i apologise i dont know what stage you're at yourself, a lot of people on this, very hard to keep track of what stage people are at.
    you would be doing well to keep up! im waiting for the next drive....

shakin wrote: »
    you would be doing well to keep up! im waiting for the next drive....
    The very best of luck with it...i heard the next drive is soon enough...mid may or so.... not 100% sure though.

The very best of luck with it...i heard the next drive is soon enough...mid may or so.... not 100% sure though.

cheers, next week or so hopefully!

Are they still on batch2 or were you in batch3?

thanks for the quick reply!

have you gone through the process before?

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Are they still on batch2 or were you in batch3?
    I was in batch two but they dont seem to be going by order of merit in terms of when they call you for interview....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭srdb20

I was in batch two...got xxxth in aptitude test...if that means anything..not sure it does though as they dont seem to be going by order of merit in terms of when they call you for interview....

Hey man I would be removing were you placed in the aptitude test above, as this is a public forum and you never know who is reading your posts.

srdb20 wrote: »
    you never know who is reading your posts.

Wise words

Hey Kaizer,

Did you manage to get a date for the Laser surgery yet?

Hey Kaizer,

Did you manage to get a date for the Laser surgery yet?

Next thursday for a consultation to see if im suitable for it, which hopefully i will be!!

After that, id be hoping to get it done within 2 weeks , cos I then have to wait 6 weeks after it to contact the Medical people for a PCT date.

Any word on your medical date?

No still no word on the medical, im hoping to get it out of the way as soon as possible though, hopefully hear something next week.

Ah sure look on the bright side, at least you can get a holiday in before you start in August man.

Hey man I would be removing were you placed in the aptitude test above, as this is a public forum and you never know who is reading your posts.
    my bad...ill be more careful from now on. thanks for pointing it out. i've edited it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 bridie

Hi All,
    Does anyone know if they do the medicals on a saturday?
    Probably asking for too much but just curious!

cheers
    well done to everyone getting this far and best of luck to all starting on tuesday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bridie wrote: »
    Hi All,
    Does anyone know if they do the medicals on a saturday?
    Probably asking for too much but just curious!

cheers
    well done to everyone getting this far and best of luck to all starting on tuesday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, as far as I know everything is done Mon-Fri

No still no word on the medical, im hoping to get it out of the way as soon as possible though, hopefully hear something next week.

Ah sure look on the bright side, at least you can get a holiday in before you start in August man.

Im sure theyre just clearing the backlog at the minute to get May filled, they'll probably be in contact with you next week or the week after.

Yeah, im hoping to get away for the last 2 weeks of July, get away from all this stress of worrying about medicals/pcts/interviews/freezes !!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭ojewriej

I was talking to the Appoitments today, apparently my last remaining check didn't come back on time, so now they are keeping a place for me in the August intake.

I'm quite happy with that actually.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement