Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment (Archived)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Haz33

blue2b wrote: »
    hernia test. wha that????? can ya fail if ya had a hernia opeation .i had whan i was a baby. never effected me since. any know whats the check for??worried now

No need to be worried but if you have a scar make sure you write it on the form because she checks....that area...... for scars and your balls too.
    Kaizer are you sure you didn't have this done?
    Also to check for undescended testes. (ie. two occupants in your sac as opposed to your groin)
    sorry for being crude ladies but they do make an issue of this for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dr_MaSoN

its when she press's on the area below your belly button and ask's you to cough.

i think. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭kaizersoze1980

Haz33 wrote: »
    No need to be worried but if you have a scar make sure you write it on the form because she checks....that area...... for scars and your balls too.
    Kaizer are you sure you didn't have this done?

I certainly did have it done! :eek:

Wasnt familiar with what area hernia tests were carried out on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭kaizersoze1980

Dr_MaSoN wrote: »
    its when she press's on the area below your belly button and ask's you to cough.

i think. :pac:

ahh i was wondering what that was about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

@ everyone who finished up their job today or will be this week-end ... How's it feeling knowing you'll be following the dream of thousands next Teusday :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 brig_eagan

hey guys i dont know if this is the right place to put this question, and im sorry if it is the wrong place, but im after registering with publicjobs.ie just there for the next recruitment for the gardai.

Would anyone know when that may be???
    A friend of mine told me it might not be for another 2 years, surely that cant be right?????

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,455 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Try reading the last 8 or 10 pages.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭onthebeat

brig_eagan wrote: »
    hey guys i dont know if this is the right place to put this question, and im sorry if it is the wrong place, but im after registering with publicjobs.ie just there for the next recruitment for the gardai.

Would anyone know when that may be???
    A friend of mine told me it might not be for another 2 years, surely that cant be right?????

Thanks

Brig, it could be the tuesday after the bank holiday, nobody knows for sure. It will probably be within the next two weeks, so keep an eye on your publicjobs inbox account:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Dannydj

kerry4sam wrote: »
    @ everyone who finished up their job today or will be this week-end ... How's it feeling knowing you'll be following the dream of thousands next Teusday :)

Feels quite weird actually Kerry, as in not real. Every now and again the ol butterflies kick in but to be honest it won't feel real till I drive in the gates!! Also feel privaleged

Jaysus this place is gone like a ghost town the last 2 days.

Is everyone gone to templemore bar me???..........

I think I'll have to start a few rumours and jazz things up again!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Lady Hawk

Finished up with work yesterday, and it hit me for the first time what was actually happening!! up until then, I hadn't really thought about it too much.:D

Lady Hawk wrote: »
    Finished up with work yesterday, and it hit me for the first time what was actually happening!! up until then, I hadn't really thought about it too much.:D

Are you bringing family with you on day1?

No, Just want to get on with it, meet people and get settled in. I dont want to have to look after the fam. I always said I'd go down on my own

No, Just want to get on with it, meet people and get settled in. I dont want to have to look after the fam. I always said I'd go down on my own

Yeah you're probably right . I reckon it would just be a distraction.

Yeah you're probably right . I reckon it would just be a distraction.

Yeah that or an embarrassment. I'm sure they would go well out of their way just for that day :D

Yeah that or an embarrassment. I'm sure they would go well out of their way just for that day :D

Yeah everyones parents are a bit like that, telling everyone how you are going to make commissioner and solve all the countries crime problems single handedly because you have a flair for puzzles since you were 3. I can just imagine.........It's all just pride, but they can still be proud from home :D:D

Yeah everyones parents are a bit like that, telling everyone how you are going to make commissioner and solve all the countries crime problems single handedly because you have a flair for puzzles since you were 3. I can just imagine.........It's all just pride, but they can still be proud from home :D:D

Haha, Sounds like you've already met them!!!

Oh, Look, another tumbleweed flew by.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Celtic07

budner1 wrote: »
    got the call today,,best of luck all.

finally:D you starting in may or august?

still hasnt hit me that ill be a Garda..will next tuesday though i bet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭cpstears

Got a call yesterday from the Garda in my District that looks after background checks for applicants he asked weather I wanted to continue with my application and could I meet the Sgt this Monday. I only handed in my form b 3 weeks ago, would he know weather I had passed Stage2 or not or why did he ask if I wanted to continue? If I meet the Sgt this Monday do I still have to meet anyone else? He said I'll only be there for about 15mins, should I wear a suit? Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Mark63

Best of luck to all the guys heading down on Tuesday.

It would be great if you keep posting what you can about how it matches up with what you expect it to be. Will make interesting reading for us going through the process.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,455 ✭✭✭✭Esel

cpstears wrote: »
    ....should I wear a suit? Thanks.
    The advice is 'dress smart'. First impressions and all that.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭budner1

down for may celtic

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭EimearMCD

Hey, I passed the PCT on Thursday (dunno how cause I am in no way fit!) I'm starting in Templemore on Tuesday. Still hasn't hit me cause its all happened so fast! Finished up in work on Friday!! I'm so excited :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭the locust

Congrats Eimear! & all startin on Tues!

budner1 wrote: »
    down for may celtic

see you down there. make the most of the weekend

cpstears wrote: »
    Got a call yesterday from the Garda in my District that looks after background checks for applicants he asked weather I wanted to continue with my application and could I meet the Sgt this Monday. I only handed in my form b 3 weeks ago, would he know weather I had passed Stage2 or not or why did he ask if I wanted to continue? If I meet the Sgt this Monday do I still have to meet anyone else? He said I'll only be there for about 15mins, should I wear a suit? Thanks.

ull have to meet the super to.dress smart

EimearMCD wrote: »
    Hey, I passed the PCT on Thursday (dunno how cause I am in no way fit!) I'm starting in Templemore on Tuesday. Still hasn't hit me cause its all happened so fast! Finished up in work on Friday!! I'm so excited :-)

Nice one Eimear well done. all happened very fast for you. Your head must still be spinning. Congratulations to all going down (or up) on tuesday goodluck and enjoy yourselves. And I promise I wont pack too much in my bags for when you have to carry them to my room in august.........:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭soundlad

cookie81 wrote: »
    :rolleyes:Is BMIs different for men and women? Oh I dunnno anymore!

hey cookie. just wondering bout ur bmi issue. wat height are you and do u have a large frame. i failed the medical back in feburary cause my bmi was 31 .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭punchestown

In the town of Templemore, do not engage the smelly bearded fellah! He will bum you for money/smokes/drink etc.. Dont get stung!
    And bring enough money to get the steak in Murphys! Fcuk me!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement