Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment (Archived)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭RichieM.08

congrats budner and Eimear

In the town of Templemore, do not engage the smelly bearded fellah! He will bum you for money/smokes/drink etc.. Dont get stung!

thats no way to speak about the seargent :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭cookie81

soundlad wrote: »
    hey cookie. just wondering bout ur bmi issue. wat height are you and do u have a large frame. i failed the medical back in feburary cause my bmi was 31 .

Im 5ft 9 and yes Ive a large frame - as in not alittle petite girl - just overall strong built or something like that - Im 12 stone. Size 12 in clothes if thats any help :p ha ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Lady Hawk

EimearMCD wrote: »
    Hey, I passed the PCT on Thursday (dunno how cause I am in no way fit!) I'm starting in Templemore on Tuesday. Still hasn't hit me cause its all happened so fast! Finished up in work on Friday!! I'm so excited :-)

Eimear thats brilliant, well done!! I'd say you're over the moon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Ward21

Hey guys, You've probably been asked this question a hundred times. I have my Interview Tuesday morning, and was wondering could anyone give me any tips?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Ward21 wrote: »
    Hey guys, You've probably been asked this question a hundred times. I have my Interview Tuesday morning, and was wondering could anyone give me any tips?

hey check this out http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055257415 ... their is some great info on that thread and also read back through the last 100 or so pages here ... you will gain some views/opinions and very useful feeback and info from people who have done their interviews recently ... happy reading :) and good luck on Tuesday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭kaizersoze1980

The best advice I can give you is to read through the last 100 or so pages as mentioned above. You ll read everyones experiences of their interviews and some commonly asked questions etc. good luck :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 jepeto

hi all

just wondering bout the list of realitives we have to bring tuesday...it says first cousins but if lets say 4 cousins live in the same house, is there need to put down the 4 cousins would one just do or would the uncle/aunt just do?? do u get what im saying? thanks for the help

jepeto wrote: »
    hi all

just wondering bout the list of realitives we have to bring tuesday...it says first cousins but if lets say 4 cousins live in the same house, is there need to put down the 4 cousins would one just do or would the uncle/aunt just do?? do u get what im saying? thanks for the help

I would suggest listing all of them...the list wont come into effect until you are being stationed in Phase2 and one or more of them could've moved by then so for your own sake, list everyone as they ask and you can't go far wrong

Where can i find out info about Templemore, like Subjects studied there

• Advertisement

Where can i find out info about Templemore, like Subjects studied there

www.garda.ie ... click into the college and training section

Thanks very Much!

Ill let ye know how i get on!
    Wish me Luck!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭The Dude 87

Best of luck to everyone starting on tuesday!!:D Hope it all goes great for ye!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Haz33

Thanks very Much!

Ill let ye know how i get on!
    Wish me Luck!!

I assume you already have, but just in case, the stage 2 preparation material on the publicjobs website is also worth a look over. Go into current campaigns - garda - preparation material.
    Good luck on tuesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Celtic07

jepeto wrote: »
    hi all

im going to write them all down anyway..tuesday is to close now for my liking:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭kaizersoze1980

Celtic07 wrote: »
    im going to write them all down anyway..tuesday is to close now for my liking:p

It'll start to feel pretty real this time tomorrow Celtic when you're packing your bags! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭EimearMCD

Lady Hawk wrote: »
    Eimear thats brilliant, well done!! I'd say you're over the moon.
    Thanks Lady Hawk, and Haz I am totally over the moon! Was out shopping for a suit today but couldn't find a nice one!
    Are you haeding down on Tuesday yourself?
    cant believe I only had my interview a month ago!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭the locust

If anyone headin down on Tues has any other logistical/college questions PM me and i'll try help you, im down in the college at the moment...

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭childoforpheus

Best of luck to everyone starting Tuesday.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭paddymc1

Best of luck to all those starting Tuesday. Keep us all here up to date on how you all get on.
    Hopefully for the rest of us the recruitment cycle will start this week or next.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭D22

Best of luck to Celtic and all the rest of the 2007 batch people!! Unfortunately, Im one of the ones still waiting for that letter/call. Feck it, I've got a great summer liined up now either way.

Best of luck to all the people who only applied this year as well, Id say the application was a bit of a whirlwind process for you.

Enjoy the college guys! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭budner1

from the reading of he acceptance letter its only if your married u bring down taht list of cousins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭budner1

they better teach me how to spell down there!!!!

everyone has to bring list of relations down!..as for bedsheets pillows etc there down there right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Best of luck tomorrow lads im massively jealous
    .......................................... i hope ye dont get uniforms for three months!!! hahahahaha:D

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭childoforpheus

Celtic07 wrote: »
    everyone has to bring list of relations down!..as for bedsheets pillows etc there down there right?

Ya everyone has to. There's bedsheets and pillows down there, but some people bring their own. Best of luck Celtic07 ;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dr_MaSoN

aye, best of luck to everyone tomorrow. :)

August for me.

Ya everyone has to. There's bedsheets and pillows down there, but some people bring their own. Best of luck Celtic07 ;).

cheers fot that :)

anyone get any news today?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Lady Hawk

best of luck tomorrow lads. Not long to go now :) ugh, now the dreaded....packing!! hate it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement