Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment (Archived)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭kaizersoze1980

RichieM.08 wrote: »
    anyone get any news today?

I can't imagine them phoning anyone today and getting a friendly response!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭anonymous69

Hey guys,

im starting tomorrow aswell :)

but from reading here, it looks like everyone got a letter?? I didnt get anything!

What does it say?? what do i have to bring with me?

thanks a mil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭budner1

bring

list of relations
    pps no
    suit
    5 shirts
    slacks shoes
    enough clothes to last the week
    p45

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭budner1

when did u get the call?

do ive to bring a cv?

for the girls-- is everyone bringing 5 white shirts?? or will like plain v neck jumpers/tops do?

• Advertisement

i got a letter 4 weeks ago saying to go down may 6th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 kildarefella

All packed starting 2moro...cant believe it.... do people know do you dress informal or formal 2moro...i was thinking informal ..jeans and shirt and that.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭cookie81

To everyone starting tmrw..
    Best of luck i hope ye love it and more! Ill be in yer shoes come Aug 4th packing my ass off too argh!

i assumed it'd b suits because thats what we have to wear down there?

are the nerves setting in for anyone else??!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 biddy08

Hi everyone

Could somebody please help me, have my interview wednesday and though im fairly prepared for the interview itself, im not so sure how to go about handling the report writing. Could someone please help me and pm me with some help on this.

Thanks in Advance

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Celtic07

youve to bring a cv and 4 passport photos to and the 400 euro for sports gear and books even though i hear half of this is all you need

All packed starting 2moro...cant believe it.... do people know do you dress informal or formal 2moro...i was thinking informal ..jeans and shirt and that.:)

wear a suit!! most people will be you dont want to stand out. have to get used to wearing suits now anyway:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Lady Hawk

Celtic07 wrote: »
    wear a suit!! most people will be you dont want to stand out. have to get used to wearing suits now anyway:)

Yeah Def wear the suit. oh and anon, I'll be wearing shirts but will have the odd jumper too....not a huge fan of wearing jackets all the time.

Haven't even packed....so I'm off. Talk to you's tomorrow at some stage. Best of luck Celtic & co. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 kildarefella

Lady Hawk wrote: »
    Yeah Def wear the suit. oh and anon, I'll be wearing shirts but will have the odd jumper too....not a huge fan of wearing jackets all the time.

Haven't even packed....so I'm off. Talk to you's tomorrow at some stage. Best of luck Celtic & co. :D

thanks folks.....wearing the suit so.... all set....see ya 2moro.... best of luck to ye all.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Haz33

biddy08 wrote: »
    Hi everyone

Could somebody please help me, have my interview wednesday and though im fairly prepared for the interview itself, im not so sure how to go about handling the report writing. Could someone please help me and pm me with some help on this.

Thanks in Advance

Check your PM :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

Good luck tmorrow all that are starting; Hopefully will get to meet most of ye, when you are carrying up my bags when i start in Aug

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭Paolo5

Good luck to all those starting tomorrow.

Hopefully the rest of us dont have to wait too long for medical dates and backround checks!!!

Finally good luck to those preparing for stage 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 biddy08

Paolo5, Haz33 and Ladyhawk, Thanks so much for your pm,s graet help!!
    Thanks Again and Goodluck!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭RichieM.08

best of luck everyone for tomorow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Hey all,
    Best of luck to all of ye starting tomorrow!! unfortunately that call doesn't seem to be forthcoming. Don't think i'll be getting it tomorrow. (But if i did, i'd only need an hours notice!!!) Looks like its gonna be august. nothing i can do about it even if i wanted to so might as well relax for the summer and prepare for 12 weeks of waiting. :(:(:(:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭LeSurfer

alright lads

i've my interview next week,doing the report writing in the morning and the actual interview in the afternoon.i've booked a hotel 10 mins away from chapter house(its on tablot street if you know where that is).my question is would i have enough time to change if i want to wear something comfortable in the morning and go back to the hotel change into suit before the interview,and im thinking of wearing tracksuit and hoody in the morning,would that be too informal? cheers.

and best of luck to those starting tomorrow,i envy you all.:D

Hey all,
    Best of luck to all of ye starting tomorrow!! unfortunately that call doesn't seem to be forthcoming. Don't think i'll be getting it tomorrow. (But if i did, i'd only need an hours notice!!!) Looks like its gonna be august. nothing i can do about it even if i wanted to so might as well relax for the summer and prepare for 12 weeks of waiting. :(:(:(:(

same boat as me pal, have you heard anything at all back from them?

LeSurfer wrote: »
    alright lads

i've my interview next week,doing the report writing in the morning and the actual interview in the afternoon.i've booked a hotel 10 mins away from chapter house(its on tablot street if you know where that is).my question is would i have enough time to change if i want to wear something comfortable in the morning and go back to the hotel change into suit before the interview,and im thinking of wearing tracksuit and hoody in the morning,would that be too informal? cheers.

and best of luck to those starting tomorrow,i envy you all.:D

yeah you should have plenty of time, i cant remember exactly how long but i had quite a long break between the tests and interview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 burnz1987

What do I bring for tomorrow ? I dunno what to pack too much or just enough , so much **** !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

RichieM.08 wrote: »
    same boat as me pal, have you heard anything at all back from them?

ya, they rang me last wed or thurs to ask me if i could start tomorrow if the checks came back in time. They obviously haven't:mad:. Still stuck with one agency for some reason!

ya, they rang me last wed or thurs to ask me if i could start tomorrow if the checks came back in time. They obviously haven't:mad:. Still stuck with one agency for some reason!

same. :mad: makes you wonder what info they have on ya. i cant think of anything but something must be holding it up!!

burnz1987 wrote: »
    What do I bring for tomorrow ? I dunno what to pack too much or just enough , so much **** !

there was a list a few pages back

i get why they want a list of relations so they wont station us near them but why a cv anyone know

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Haz33

Celtic07 wrote: »
    i get why they want a list of relations so they wont station us near them but why a cv anyone know

It's in case you act the B****x in the first week and they have to get you a job in the local Centra. Now go to sleep, you have a big day tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you when I'm lying back in france with my stella artois and factor 50...................Good luck tomorrow I'm sure it will be one of the best days of your life. :D

• Advertisement

Haz33 wrote: »
    It's in case you act the B****x in the first week and they have to get you a job in the local Centra. Now go to sleep, you have a big day tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you when I'm lying back in france with my stella artois and factor 50...................Good luck tomorrow I'm sure it will be one of the best days of your life. :D

go to sleep to early still :pac:..better than a pissup in france though? questionable!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement