Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment (Archived)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Haz33

LeSurfer wrote: »
    alright lads

i've my interview next week,doing the report writing in the morning and the actual interview in the afternoon.i've booked a hotel 10 mins away from chapter house(its on tablot street if you know where that is).my question is would i have enough time to change if i want to wear something comfortable in the morning and go back to the hotel change into suit before the interview,and im thinking of wearing tracksuit and hoody in the morning,would that be too informal? cheers.

and best of luck to those starting tomorrow,i envy you all.:D

I reckon you will have loads of time. You will certainly feel more relaxed for the written tests but be prepared for everyone looking at you thinking " Is your man havin@ a f**king laugh or what?"............:D

Celtic07 wrote: »
    go to sleep to early still :pac:..better than a pissup in france though? questionable!

I'll tell you on the 5th of August...........:D :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,329 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Just popped in to say goodbye - I see this thread will be closing soon! Cheers to Ralph!

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭paddymc1

esel wrote: »
    Just popped in to say goodbye - I see this thread will be closing soon! Cheers to Ralph!

What you mean by that this thread will be closing????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭LeSurfer

Haz33 wrote: »
    I reckon you will have loads of time. You will certainly feel more relaxed for the written tests but be prepared for everyone looking at you thinking " Is your man havin@ a f**king laugh or what?"............:D

that won't bother me at all,as long as i don't get kicked out! :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Celtic07

see yis down there ina few hours lads/girls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭missmorbeg

OH YEAH I passed

What was i even worrin for!!

Yeah Bring on this PCT

Destination TEMPLEMORE!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭tabatha

good luck to everyone going down today....first day of the rest of your lives! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭kaizersoze1980

missmorbeg wrote: »
    OH YEAH I passed

What was i even worrin for!!

Yeah Bring on this PCT

Destination TEMPLEMORE!:rolleyes:

nice one, when is your PCT?

esel wrote: »

Is this true. If so why? and who is Ralph? :(

• Advertisement

Haz33 wrote: »
    and who is Ralph? :(

good question :confused:

"Hello everyone.

Moving ahead with the development of this forum, we will be closing off the massive Garda & PSNI Recruitment threads soon, and replacing them with individual threads for each part of each organisation's recruitment process.

This is as a result of feedback we have received regarding the threads becoming repetitive and unmanageable. Hopefully, what we have planned will make information more accessible and we will see less of the same questions being asked over and over.

Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions. If anyone has anything else they would like to see in the ES fora, please let us know.
    __________________"

not a bad idea, seperate threads for each phase. Might stop all of the repeat questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 paddys the man

i passed mine alright failed the interview but it was mad they wouldnt tell me unless i give them my leaving cert result

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭ojewriej

[QUOTE=kaizersoze1980;55853192
    not a bad idea, seperate threads for each phase. Might stop all of the repeat questions.[/QUOTE]

+ 1, this thread became a bit of a chore to read through. I was trying to start a separate thread for the interview only, but the idea didn't really take off. Hopefully mods' support will make a difference.

i passed mine alright failed the interview but it was mad they wouldnt tell me unless i give them my leaving cert result

??? :confused:

i failed the interview but when i rang up for the result they told me i need to send up my leaving cert to get them

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

i failed the interview but when i rang up for the result they told me i need to send up my leaving cert to get them

your leaving cert results should have gone up before you ever stepped into the interview room!!!!!

i no that charlie and the did see i got my letter this morning too tell me i failed my stage 2 i am gutted over it so when does it started again

So now that the May intake has passed, they might start focusing on medicals/PCTs for people from Batch 1/Batch 2.
    Any phonecalls today?

i no that charlie and the did see i got my letter this morning too tell me i failed my stage 2 i am gutted over it so when does it started again

The next recruitment drive is rumoured to be starting in May, some people say this week even.

However, you need to wait 6 months from your last application, so you will have to wait for the next recruitment drive,possibly November. Pain in the a** but thems the rules :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

[quote=paddys the man;55853405 well its been since last nov since i applied and got no feedback on what i failed on from publicjobs and is there chance i could get a 2nd opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭cookie81

Hey sorry you failed your interview - I didnt stop crying all day when I failed mine last June but go for it again - Im now starting in Templemore in August! :D Keep at it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭missmorbeg

nice one, when is your PCT?

they havent told me, They said its very early and to be waiting on a phone call!

mind u i wont be letting the fone out of my sight again !! ( another fun aspect to this waiting game )

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,329 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Ralph = Ralph_Lauren, aka The_Detective, the OP of this thread. He disappeared in a puff of smoke before he went off to join the PSNI.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭The Dude 87

This place is so quite lately since everyone has gone off! Hope it picks again soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dr_MaSoN

ye the fever or the may date getting close got a few of us nervous, but thats come and passed so everyones relaxed again for Aug and enjoying the summer.

Pct's and Meds are being done aswell so im sure we'll have more good news soon. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dr_MaSoN

sorry to hear that charlie, i thought ya were just waiting on the call to show up for duty. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭cathalfeely

hi does anyone know how long they were waiting on the results of the interview??i done mine on the 28th april and was just wondering when i should maybe expect the letter saying either way....all hoping that i passed i presume that they will slow down the medicals and pct that they have no rush ta get people in now until august???

hi does anyone know how long they were waiting on the results of the interview??i done mine on the 28th april and was just wondering when i should maybe expect the letter saying either way....all hoping that i passed i presume that they will slow down the medicals and pct that they have no rush ta get people in now until august???

I was waiting seven days for mine but I think the norm is 10 days with some people taking up to 14! Sorry if that's a bit vague but it's how it happens. I would imagine for you it should be by this friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭srdb20

Howdy all,

Haven't been on all weekend, just after reading through all those pages, WOW!!

Congrats to everyone who started today, hopefully they will have loads to tell us this Friday???

Anybody hear anything on Meds or PCT's for June???

When is this thread closing?

*Also would it be possible to sticky the closed threads for anyone brave enough to read through all 800 odd pages* - Just a thought!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement