Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GlassIreland

Options
  • 15-03-2007 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

Was thinking of taking a look at this instead of tiles for a bathroom. Wondering if anybody has it installed in their home, kitchen, bathroom, etc.

How have you found it in terms of durability, cleaning, etc..?

It does seem quite nice based on the pics they have on their website http://www.glassireland.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Naux

I wonder how easy it would be to keep clean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It looks v high maintenance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

It looks brilliant! Must b very expensive I would imagine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭junglequestions

It's an excellent product, I have it in my kitchen. Really gets the wow factor when somebody sees it for the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

How easy is it to keep clean? Looks lovely, could be great in a shower instead of grotty old tiles. I wonder if it would crack, and if mold would eventually develop behind it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭junglequestions

They have a guarantee. They told me when they installled it. i found it on their website

http://www.glassireland.com/guarantee.php

they have another site www.colourglass.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭cousin_borat

The coloring process also toughens the glass, Hence it can be used in kitchens as a splash back and should be adequate in a bathroom. It's not cheap though, but the thoughts of re-grouting and putting in new tiles is definitely an incentive. Will ask them about potential mold problems behind the glass though.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭clearz

I recently got my bathroom done by Colour Glass and I have to say that the qaulity of service was outstanding. They done the shower and a piece behind the sink. I found the price reasonable, considering the quality of work. Definitely creates the "wow factor". Any of my friends who have seen it really like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭fintan

You don't really say what it is you want to do, but there is also the glass blocks option instead?

www.glassblocks.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

heh...everyone seems to be avoiding the question tho' "whats it like to keep clean?"

:rolleyes:

It does look great tho

Advertisement