Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to do in Navan

Options
  • 15-03-2007 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi all,

Just wondering, what do people (age between 25 - 35) do for fun in Navan? Besides going to the pub?

Speaking of pubs, which of the whole lot would be the more traditional pub?

Does anyone know about interesting courses, art classes or something similar in Navan?

What would be the best place to meet new people, for an outsider?

Thanks! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭cue

I do not live in Navan but I seem to end up there a lot. Last night I went to a jazz gig in Solstice. A band from Sweden called Esbjorn Svennson Trio. I am not a jazz fan but they fairly blew my socks off with their wigged out Metallica meet Mozart music and trippy visuals. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

Yeah there is normally something on in solstice most weekends, they also have cinema nights sometimes where they show classic films, which is a good idea.

Traditional pubs, there isn't really that many left, what would you define traditional? The Lodge on Flower Hill is alright i go there to play pool, darts, cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Siska010

sofireland wrote:
    Yeah there is normally something on in solstice most weekends, they also have cinema nights sometimes where they show classic films, which is a good idea.

Traditional pubs, there isn't really that many left, what would you define traditional? The Lodge on Flower Hill is alright i go there to play pool, darts, cards.

Thanks, classic films sounds interesting :) Although I don't think I will meet new people there..

Traditional as in, traditional music nights and such.

I don't know The Lodge, mainly because I never get any further than the Stonehouse or some pubs on Brews hill (close to home haha). I might check that out though. What's the average age there? I've noticed certain pubs have younger crowds than others and I don't want to feel ancient haha

Looking forward to tomorrow, everybody's friendly and chatty on st. patricksday :D haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

If your looking for Irish trad, and that kinda thing, the lantern on the bottom of Watergate st might be your cup of tea, afaik they have music during the week and weekends.

Well if you were into classic films the solstice would be a good idea.

Age group in the lodge is quite mixed, the older set normally drink in the lounge, but there is a good mix in the bar, where the pool table, jukebox, and dart board are. Loadsa tvs too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Traditional- Birminghams opposite the Palace. Good pub with good mix of people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 Siska010

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

Im lost for stuff to do in Navan, been there a few months but dont know anyone.
    I wouldnt be into the whole films and jazz stuff - dunno what im into really! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭MOTHERTRUCKER

How about the Public swimming pool/ gym.
    Its top class. Only 6-10 Yo Yos, depending if you want to just swim or work out. "Pump some iron". :rolleyes:
    Where as i just relax and go for sauna and steam room after a good swim.

Its a great way to make new friends and stay healthy as apposed to binge drinking at weekends like most of Navan.
    I was in the same boat, i couldn't meet new friends but this seems to work for me, i've met loads of people and even had the odd date or two. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Navantkd

I run a martial arts club (Taekwon-Do) in Wilkinstown, 5m north of Navan if thats something you'd be interested in.
    http://www.navantkd.com

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭cue

There is also tai chi in Navan on Monday nights in the Korean Martial Arts Centre.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 lisil

Hi ya, I am a bit the same as u Lee anne been in Navan for 6 months. Kids and hubby have all got stuff to do bit Im still a bit lost. Did have a wicked night out in Navan when a few of my family came to see me, so its not so bad on the nightlife front. Just pretty boring if u dont want a drink every night lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

yes lisil - the night life is good alright. Sometimes my friends will call over and its good fun.

Might try walking now in the bright evenings...its getting myself out the door thats the hard part...im so lazy! hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I live bang in the middle of ardee, navanb, carrick, dundalk, drogheda so have a choice of any and navan is the worst place out of the lot to go for nightlife, great pubs but the night clubs are some load fo crap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭theKED

draffodx wrote:
    I live bang in the middle of ardee, navanb, carrick, dundalk, drogheda so have a choice of any and navan is the worst place out of the lot to go for nightlife, great pubs but the night clubs are some load fo crap

Interesting post draffodx.

Please can you enlighten us into the best clubs in Ardee, Dundalk, Drog, Carrick and Navan?
    Starting with the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

There is Taboo nightclub... if you like being in 48c temperature while having a warm pint. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭maxokeeffe

sofireland wrote: »

HiThere

What places do u reckon are the best for meeting people in Navan, Girls etc, only recently moved down, and sick of travelling to dublin///

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Zombie thread, closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement