Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to store Mobo and CPU for short while?

Options
  • 15-03-2007 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

Well, as usual I am the last one on the bandwagon. I just purchased an e6600 and Gigabyte DS-3 off dabs.ie, making a nice saving over komplett.

Problem is, my motherboard and processor (Asus M2N-E, Athlon 64 3800+ (AM2) and Zalman CNPS 9500) are going to go into a general family PC, which I have yet to build. I don't believe I kept the antistatic wrapping for the mobo, so I was just wondering how the general boards public store unused hardware in the short term.

Paper-weights? Personal fan? Toss them under the bed, etc.... (I kid of course!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I normally put the old hardware into the packaging the new stuff came in - so i'd have the mobo box and antistatic bag handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Of course! Thanks Stephen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I left a mobo under my bed for 18 months before on the carpet, worked a treat when i tried it :)

Advertisement