Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barrera v's Marquez on sky

• 15-03-2007 8:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭

Barrera v's Marquez on tonight-on sky sports 2 at 1 am sunday morning, this should be a cracker-barrera wants it to be a toe 2 toe fight, this will be either his last or 2nd last fight so dont miss it.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,980 ✭✭✭Big Ears

As expected great fight , I fancied Marquez to get the decision as he has had a few less wars and is a little fresher .

It looks like there may be a rematch and I certainly wouldn't mind one .

Marquez's options at the moment are rematch Barrera , rematch Pacquiao , fight Humberto Soto . I'd like to see him rematch Pacquiao if(and he should) he beats Jorge Solis . That first fight had so much drama and at the end I scored it the same way as the result , a draw . We need a conclusive ending between those two so a match has to happen sometime .

Barrera's options are to retire , rematch Marquez , move up to Lightweight and fight David Diaz(doing so would make him the first Mexican 4 weight world champion , Erik Morales is also looking to get this fight and Barrera certainly wouldn't like to see Morales do this before him) or fight the winner of Malcolm Klassen v Mzonke Fana(for the IBF title) . Barrera already beat Fana in 2 rounds and I fancy Fana to out-point Klassen . Winning the IBF title in a relatively easy fight would be a great way to end his career .

I'm going to guess Barrera will rematch Marquez and lose ending his great career with 2 defeats to another great fighter who has caught him at the right time .

Barrera , Morales , Pacquiao , Marquez really is this century's Leonard , Duran , Hagler , Hearns .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

This fight was everything we expected and more-great stuff from both fighters-i gave it to barrera by a point but it could of gone either way.
    the judges where a disgrace making it so conclusive and might make barrera quit as after fighting so hard for that to happen is a big blow..

Advertisement