Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Third provisional licence - on the spot?

Options
  • 15-03-2007 8:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭

Hi, apologies if this has been asked before but I couldn't find it in a search.

I need to get my third provisional licence and I've lost the second one long ago.

I can't apply by post, right? So let's say I go in to the Motor Tax Office with all the stuff I need - application form, Garda declaration saying I lost the second licence, photos, proof of upcoming test, all that...

Do I get the licence then and there or do they post it out to me?

If they post it, how long does it take to be sent out?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

They post it. In my experience it takes about 10 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Zwartsj

I'm pretty sure they wont issue it to you then and there. it will be by post.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

You get a receipt from the motor tax office, but the guards wont accept it. Whats the penalty for driving without a valid licence?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

My DL went out of date and I got a new one 2 days after being in with the county council.

Advertisement