Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

unsigned cheque

Options
  • 15-03-2007 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭

Just out of interest, has anyone had an unsigned cheque cashed??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

....And I hope you didnt, because you would be done for fraud.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

I know a bank has cashed an unsigned cheque. How could this be possible? Have the bank simply missed the error or is it common practice?
    I must say that I'm not impressed with banks in this country. :mad:

kleefarr wrote:
    I know a bank has cashed an unsigned cheque. How could this be possible? Have the bank simply missed the error or is it common practice?
    I must say that I'm not impressed with banks in this country. :mad:

They must have missed the error because its definatly not common practice. If it was discovered someone could loose their job over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

I'd better not say anything, I don't want someone to lose their job. :(

kleefarr wrote:
    I'd better not say anything, I don't want someone to lose their job. :(

Well I think you should because (when I think about it) anyone stupid enough to cash a cheque without a signature should be sacked. They also could be colluding with the payee, you just dont know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 jimmyc123

Report it, follow it up. the banks in this country are a disgrace. I have had wrong cheques cashed into my account and then taken out again which they had no right to do . They make very big mistakes and people cover them before noticed and only the odd few get out. This is your money they are mishandling you need to insure its kept safe

Advertisement