Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Console-games Wise

Options
  • 15-03-2007 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭

I Was Wondering Which Console Is Best As Regards Games
    Xbox 360 Has Gears Of War
    Wii Has Zelda
    Ps3 Has Resisitance
    I Heard Resitance Is The Best On The Ps3 But Still Isn't Ment To Be Great. I'd Say Gears Of War Is Probably The Best But I Don't Know

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Ps2

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Of the next-gen (is it current gen yet?) it's got to be the 360 right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Kevin2006

Either the ps2 or 360. If you then factor in hd graphics and xbox live - it has got to be the 360. In a year or two - ps3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Oman

Of the next-gen (is it current gen yet?) it's got to be the 360 right now.
    I'M SURE ITS THE CURRENT GEN NOW. I KNOW THAT ITS THE 7TH AND A LOT OF PEOPLE HAV TOLD ME THE XBOX IS THE XBOX IS THE BEST

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

its not really the current gen untill they stop supporting the previous one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Xbox 360 definitely. In the last few months it's really got a lot of top quality games. Gears of War is a very good looking game but it's nothing special. Rainbow Six Vegas is the game to get instead (also on PS3). It also has some great support from top notch japanese developers like Capcom, Konami and Mistwalker (who are basically all of Square Enix's former talent).

The Wii has Zelda which is better than anything on either console. It also has Wii sports which is the ultimate party game if little else. The virtual console is excellent with some great games if a bit steep on price (5 player bomberman is as good as ever). Apart from a few other decent games there isn't much else. I'm hoping for an explosion in quality software in 6-9 months when the devs have got used to the controls, just like what happened with the DS.

PS3 is too new to judge but at the moment it hasn't the best selection. Most of it's good games are on 360. Resistance seems to be decent but nothing special. However Motorstorm is the big surprise and is supposed to be an amazing looking arcade racer and pure unadulterated fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

tba wrote:
    its not really the current gen untill they stop supporting the previous one.
    sure if that was the case we would only be starting the ps2/gamecube generation as ps games were coming out up until recently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

It's far too early to say for the Wii or the PS3. Right now, the 360 has the best selection of games to offer by far, simply through numbers and variety. It'll be much more interesting to see how each machine's software library is faring a year or 18 months from now.
    1huge1 wrote:
    sure if that was the case we would only be starting the ps2/gamecube generation as ps games were coming out up until recently

He's right. As ridiculous as it seems with it's massive, continuing software support, the PS2 is "last gen". Shows how meaningless the whole generation distinction is, really: as long as a console has an active user base, it's significant and current, regardless of its age. The GBA, PSone and even the Dreamcast attest to this.

Advertisement