Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vista Tips etc.

• 15-03-2007 9:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭

Just an idea?

I know Vista is a new and everyone is finding it completely different to XP. I was just wondering what mods think of everyone who has Vista posted up little tips they find when using there system and posted them up in a form for VISTA only?

just a thought ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Its a glorified winXP theme all wrapped in marketing and a new name to make your friends in M$ lots of cash, sure theres a few handy new features but thats not without its fair share of bugs! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭magic_murph

Is it just me or does anybody else find Vista very stuttery, playing music or vids its just slows way down for a second that kicks back in again.
    Its a new laptop being used, the spec is -
    2 x AMD Turion 64x2 total 1.6 Ghz, not exactly slow.
    I just find the overall performance to be quite ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Is it just me or does anybody else find Vista very stuttery, playing music or vids its just slows way down for a second that kicks back in again.
    Its a new laptop being used, the spec is -
    2 x AMD Turion 64x2 total 1.6 Ghz, not exactly slow.
    I just find the overall performance to be quite ****

Nope no problems my guess either the video decoders your using or your display drivers aren't up to date.

Use the CCCP pack as the video decoder and ATI, Intel & NVIDIA have updated Vista display drivers on their site.

There could be another cause and that is Cool & Quiet is not functioning properly which dynamically alters the speed of the CPU based on the demands of the application. Vista is much more strict about the bios calls for C&Q and some bios vendors sloppy hacks to support C&Q means C&Q doesn't work properly under Vista in these cases a bios update may resolve the issue.
    Its a glorified winXP theme all wrapped in marketing and a new name to make your friends in M$ lots of cash, sure theres a few handy new features but thats not without its fair share of bugs!

Thanks for the constructive post :rolleyes:

Advertisement