Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postal District Number

Options
  • 15-03-2007 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭

[Mod. Please move if I am in the wrong place.]

Who decides what postal district number will be assigned to a new estate / development ?

I am thinking of a settled development in Dublin in which one or two properties for sale of late have been described as being "Dublin 4" and I know that they are blatently not D4 ! Is there any offical authority with which this can be checked ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

This might be better in the infrastructure forum but An Post or the Council should be able to give you an answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

if you look at the street sign usually on a corner house or corner boundry wall, sometimes on a free stand beside the road name will be the number.

does it really matter that much?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,793 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Go to the address checker on the an post website. That's pretty definitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

IIRC what it basically boils down to is what An Post sorting office serves that street, nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

jaggeh wrote:
    does it really matter that much?

Yes, it does.

Being able to attach a "Dublin 4" onto your advertised property is used by some developers to bang up the value of their properties because it has a perceived cachet or snob value. Worse, some gob****es actually fall for it.....:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

NUTLEY BOY wrote:
    Yes, it does.

Being able to attach a "Dublin 4" onto your advertised property is used by some developers to bang up the value of their properties because it has a perceived cachet or snob value. Worse, some gob****es actually fall for it.....:)

I remember a few years back when An Post wanted to absorb parts of Terenure and Templeogue into Dublin 12, there was uproar and eventually they had to create a new postal district, Dublin 6w. Snob value.

Advertisement