Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wan - imagine system password query

Options
  • 15-03-2007 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

Please help me to install wireless router. I've gotten really close (passing the DSL test) I know my username and password is but I dont know what my system password is. I am with imagine. would they be able to tell me. :confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,840 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

moving as not windows specific

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

gubby,

Please provide more information on exactly what you are trying to do.

What Wireless router you are using.
    What OS are you using (XP, Vista, 2000, linux.. etc)

Is Imagine your broadband provider?

Normally its a very easy and quick setup to install a wireless router on DSL without any security, its more or less case of simply plugging it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

I'm on XP. I'm trying to connect a ZyXel Gateway Wireless ASLD router. I contacted Imagine (yes, they're my ISP) and they gave me some WAN settings. EVerything worked fine. DSL connection worked. Then they ask me for my username and password (from Imagine, which I know) and a system password, which according to ZyXel is at default 1234. This didn't work. Reset the router, 1234 didnt work again. I only need to input this inforamation once and I'm away but its wrecking my head. Any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Mkl

user maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭dil999

if you didn't have the zyxel password, how did you enter in the WAN info into the router?

• Advertisement
Advertisement