Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lcvp

Options
  • 15-03-2007 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭

Hello,
    Im doing lcvp since 5th year and i dont do french, a friend of mine from a different school said that i do need french to do lcvp. Im starting to get paranoid as i looked on the dept website and it said that i do need a modern coninental language.
    Help!

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

As far as I know you do have to do a foreign language. However in my school to cover those who don't want to do it for their Leaving, they have to do a half hour class once a week.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Dermot2468

uhh oh :( are you sure. what will happen if i do the exam?
    Edit: found this on www.examinations.ie
    "Students opting for an alternative to the Leaving Certificate Modern European Language or who are exempt from studying Irish must take an additional subject to ensure a minimum of 5 Leaving Certificate subjects."
    Does that mean im all right as I do 8 subjects.

Maths
    English
    Irish
    Physics
    Ag science
    Tech Draw.
    Geograpghy

Hope i can do it as im relying on it for points.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

You'd probably be best off asking your teacher, but from the way that sounds, you should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Dermot2468

Ye I probably should but she's not what you'd call a good teacher so i dont trust her, ill see what she says tuesday anywho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

I think the only requirement is a certain number of practical/science subjects

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

A friend of mine is doing LCVP and dropped out of German last year.
    She now just had to take an easy German exam...not sure where from exactly...to prove she has the basis of a European language :)

Ask your teacher about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

In my school, people doing LCVP, who did not take an LC language course, had to take a simple course in Italian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

You do need a language, I teach it but ordinary level suffices.

Advertisement