Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question about Sylar [*SPOILERS FOR UK/IE VIEWERS]

• 15-03-2007 10:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭

I recently got my friend to start watching Heroes and he raised a very valid question about one of the episodes that I seemed to totally ignore.
    Aaron says:
    n how did syler kill eve but then stay in his cell?
    Aaron says:
    ooh
    Adam says:
    because of his ability
    Adam says:
    he figures out how things work
    Aaron says:
    ?
    Adam says:
    and when he does he can adapt to suit his needs
    Aaron says:
    how cud he use such strong telekenesis in that situaation?
    Aaron says:
    but then not get away ven tho he broke the cell
    Aaron says:
    n how did he come back to life?
    Adam says:
    because he probably figured out how the drugs worked and his body adapted
    Adam says:
    as for how he didn't escape
    Adam says:
    I'm guessing that the gunshot was loud and it raised alarm within the place
    Aaron says:
    and..
    Aaron says:
    they asked him to get back into bed
    Aaron says:
    ?

I don't have the episodes handy so I can't check over them again, but I think he has a point. Is it a storyline slip up?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭BrenC

Yeah I remember thinking that at the time but there's probably an explanation, it just will never be shown, you should prob just leave it at that :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

What exactly is your question?

Sylar mimicked the cockroach i think to pretend to be dead so they stopped drugging him.

Also he didn't want to escape immediately without getting revenge on the guy who was prodding him and probing him.

Still not sure what the questio is though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I think his question was how they managed to restrain him after he killed Eden. He had a gun and obviously full use of his powers. As my friend said: did they just ask him to go back to bed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

I think his question was how they managed to restrain him after he killed Eden. He had a gun and obviously full use of his powers. As my friend said: did they just ask him to go back to bed?

I remember someone asked one of the writers that and they obviously didn't answer it straight,but said something along the lines of "maybe sylar didn't want to escape at that stage."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

Actually, when he got shot that time by Peter, how did he survive? He probably stopped the bullets or something but it didn't look like it

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

the bit I was wonderin about in that scene was why did Sylar not manage to get Edens power

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

the bit I was wonderin about in that scene was why did Sylar not manage to get Edens power

sylar didn't kill eden,she blew her own head off so he couldn't get her powers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

The real question is how did he pull Eden through the glass, smash it, hide her body, fix the glass, & clean the blood

He wasnt restrained again, he hid in the shadows of his cell

and wtf, Peter never shot Sylar!!!!? only Bennet and mohinder did, but he stopped the bullet, for mohinder's shot anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I think he meant Parkman. Parkman must have shot him about 3 or 4 times when Sylar was going after the little girl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

If you have ever looked at the heroes comics online
    haitian and HRG comes to stop him, and the haitian can stop heroes using their abilities, HRG then tranqed him again
    does that answer your question?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭LordBlonde

Yeah Parkman shot him a load of times when he was going after the little girl. I doubt he could have stopped them, and if he did, why did he go down? Bennet shot him at least once as well. Peter threw Sylar off the roof of the high school.

Sylar must have some weaker healing skill compared to Claire's if he's still after her. But still strong enough for a decent fall and a few bullets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Senritsu wrote:
    If you have ever looked at the heroes comics online
    haitian and HRG comes to stop him, and the haitian can stop heroes using their abilities, HRG then tranqed him again
    does that answer your question?

Oh I don't remember that in the comics... are you on about the nbc ones or are there other ones I haven't seen? Either way I guess it's me off to read them again :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Oh I don't remember that in the comics... are you on about the nbc ones or are there other ones I haven't seen? Either way I guess it's me off to read them again :P
    hmmm, yeah just had another look myself, looks like HRG tranqed sylar in the trailer for the episode after eden kills herself... but I remember seeing HRG tranqing sylar with the haitian though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

I think he meant Parkman. Parkman must have shot him about 3 or 4 times when Sylar was going after the little girl.

Yeah I did mean Parkman, I think I had a whole Peter Parker mix up moment or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

We get alot of extras overhere - especially on NBC and they have implied a few things about sylar.

He seems to have increased endurance. He can withstand alot such as the fall with Peter - but he was badly injured and captured then. Presumably HRG and the company tended to his wounds when the caught him. He used his telekinesis to stop Parkmans bullets and played dead - that was implied on the extras here - there is some suggestion that he has enhanced reactions too. Basically, if you remember the back story, Sylar has been on a murder rampage since the series started (The FBI are after him) so we don't know how many people he killed, how many powers he has and what they are. We know he has telekenesis, enhanced hearing, enhanced endurance and some sort of cryo-ability.

The Haitian can block mental powers only. He couldn't stop Ted's power in Company Man nor did he at any stage stop Claire's healing nor Nathan's flight. So far he's stopped Parkman's telepathy and Sylar's telekenisis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,174 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

psi wrote:
    Basically, if you remember the back story, Sylar has been on a murder rampage since the series started (The FBI are after him) so we don't know how many people he killed, how many powers he has and what they are. We know he has telekenesis, enhanced hearing, enhanced endurance and some sort of cryo-ability (think Iceman..check the comics - Overheal).

The Haitian can block mental powers only. He couldn't stop Ted's power in Company Man nor did he at any stage stop Claire's healing nor Nathan's flight. So far he's stopped Parkman's telepathy and Sylar's telekenisis.

You just won the internet, sir. :D

Thank you for putting an end to the dreaded Swiss Cheese theory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

tvnutz wrote:
    sylar didn't kill eden,she blew her own head off so he couldn't get her powers.

After watching episode 20, it appears Sylar does have Eden's power, cause each time he asks Mohindar to do something it is very similar to the way Eden would, they also react the way people reacted to Eden's 'request'.
    I've watched the episode twice and it the second time I really came across.

Couldn't it be argued that even though she killed herself, she may not have destroyed her brain and Sylar could still determine how she worked.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Noelie wrote:
    Couldn't it be argued that even though she killed herself, she may not have destroyed her brain and Sylar could still determine how she worked.

I'd imagine perhaps that a certain percentage of a persons brain has to be left over for him to figure things out,

Advertisement