Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DivX Player Died

• 15-03-2007 11:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭

Well after only 3 months of service, my cheap Powerpoint DVDX25 divX player has died.
    Can anyone recommened a decent, inexpensive replacement, preferrably online! Have a cart full of backed up stuff I need to view!
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

buy a new or 2nd hand xbox and mod it and then put xbox media center on it, best cheap xvid player you can get!

Check the console modding section on how to mod one if your interested

search youtube for videos on it

http://youtube.com/watch?v=E7ybx5CLdI4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

Cheers for the suggestion but I really don't wanna go modding an Xbox. Anybody else see any cheap and cheerful DivX players about?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 dinkydee

try pixmania.com, they have one at €30 with a charge of €13.90 to deliver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

You won't believe it but since posing I bought that €30 Biostek player.
    It arrived and looks amazing, stuck a disc in and it plays everything BUT! the remote wasn't working when I got it.
    Tried different batteries....nothing.
    This sucks coz all the functions are on the remote and all you can do from the unit is play, pause, stop and eject.
    Contacted pixmania and they mailed me a label to put on the box for returning.
    I then realised how much it'll cost me to post it to where their returns centre is (France).....€30!
    Madness.

Advertisement