Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yay! Another Fast Forward Film Festival

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Just wondering if we have final numbers yet? I've 3 mates now who'd like to join in if there's room. All reliable and they don't smell much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

humanji wrote:
    Just wondering if we have final numbers yet? I've 3 mates now who'd like to join in if there's room. All reliable and they don't smell much.
    I'd say bring them along. There'll be plenty of places on other teams too if ours does fill up.

I'm going to bring along a 3CCD Mini DV Cam, a tri-pod and my Powerbook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Any plans for time/place of meeting?

Okay.

I don't know anything about Cafe Piedescalso. So I don't know what time it's open from.

I can probably sneak off work early tomorrow and be in town for around 5pm.

So my suggestion is that we meet at The Lord Edward from 5pm onwards.
    thelordedward.jpg
    thelordedwardmap.jpg

As you can see it's just across the road from Christ Church. We can assemble there, acess what equipment we have and then move up to Cafe Piedescalso which is just down Thomas Street for 7pm.

Whoever gets in first, perhaps you could make a little sign out of an A4 sheet of paper, so that everyone else can spot you?

Also, I'm having trouble sourcing a camera now... all of our cameras are being used for training this weekend. So if you have a Digital Camera that you can bring along then please let me know in this thread as soon as possible... before I have to start whoring myself out to get one.

Unfortunatly my camera is totally broken atm. The tape bay wont close and the lens is a bit ****ed, haven't gotten around to fixing it.

How do you know when you're the first one there!
    Gonna PM my number to you monkeh.

• Advertisement

How do you know when you're the first one there!
    Gonna PM my number to you monkeh.
    Ha... because there won't be anyone else with a sign up of course!

If anyone wants my mobile number then drop me a PM.

Well if it helps, I look like my avatar (without the superhero outfit) And I'll be carrying a mysterious metal box!

humanji wrote:
    And I'll be carrying a mysterious metal box!
    Does it have a camera in it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Well if it helps, I look like my avatar

so a young gordon freeman easy enough

i'll be wearing my hat

which even if you have never seen me or my hat will make me instantly recognisable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 kikilove

as a new videographer in dublin, i would love to join you guys on the team, but i am moving this weekend.
    let me know if you need anything, maybe i can supply it. maybe team up next time.

best-
    hillevi
    www.buffetmovie.com

• Advertisement

Does it have a camera in it?

Sadly not, but I'm trying to get my hands on two and possibly a lighting kit.

kikilove wrote:
    as a new videographer in dublin, i would love to join you guys on the team, but i am moving this weekend.
    let me know if you need anything, maybe i can supply it. maybe team up next time.

Hookers, beer and jaffacakes! It's all we need.

Well I'll be bringing a 3CCD JVC Mini DV cam... the problem is that it has a broken eyepiece and I only have one battery... but I'll bring a mains adapter and charger.

If worst comes to worst we can always make our film on one of these:

547px-Zoetrope.jpg

I don't want to think about how big it'll have to be to last 3 minutes!

And converting it to a valid quicktime format could be problematic.

Right, sorry to do this folks, but it looks like I'm out. My stupid bitch of a girlfriend decided that she'd organise a surprise birthday party two fvcking weeks before my bloody birthday!!!!!! I'm going to have to go to it instead because it's not worth the hassle of avoiding her.

Sorry about this. Good luck with the film anyways. Have fun.

ah.. that's too bad.

There'll be another one on soon enough though.

No, I only celebrate my birthday once a year. Boom boom! Thanks folks, I'm here all week. Try the fish!....

how do you know about the surprise birthday party if its a surprise?

*confusion*

Okay... I'm heading in now... should take me about 50 minutes or so to get there.

Looks like I'm out also. Just got an e-mail confirming that I start a new job tomorrow. Normally I'd try and get out of it and ask to start on Monday, but its co-writing a feature which has funding all ready in place and I don't want to blow it.

Next time I'll hopefully be there. Sorry about this one.

• Advertisement

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    how do you know about the surprise birthday party if its a surprise?

*confusion*
    Because even though I'd told her I was doing this about two weeks ago and many times since, she only took it on board when I mentioned it at lunch. So being the quick thinker that she is, she told me everything. Think it's time I trade her in for a better model.

Things are going pretty good so for.

I just finished recording my characters voice overs for the film. And we'll film all the scenes tomorrow.

It seems like a pretty damn funny script to us anyway.

ooooh... it's getting tense now... Only 50 minutes left and our project is working out too long.

lol, hope it all worked out great for ye! :D

Got the Special Award for the most cameos in other peoples films or something, but didn't win overall. Boo urns! Monkey should have a pic of the award we recieved.

Ha.. I got the trophy all the way home to coolock while carrying my own tripod, camera case and powerbook.

But it pretty much fell apart as soon as I got it in the door... but I can rebuild.

Probably another festival coming up in June by the way.

Blitz is probably best positioned to make a web version of the film for everyone to see.... but that cracker boy is too damn lazy... so I'll see if I can crack that bad boy open let the jazz flow out.

Okay... Here we go... I even added a title screen!

Hopefully we'll have an extended directors cut at some stage as there were a few scenes that we had to leave out to make the 3 minute limit.

The voices....the voices wont leave my head.

i've done up a directors cut (added the molly scene) its just a matter of compressing and uploading right now.

monkeyfudge what settings did you compress it at?

• Advertisement

I took the big 650MB quicktime and dragged it into iMovie (took about 40 minutes) and then exported to Quicktime's CDROM settings.

It worked out at 14.4MB in the end and perfect for youtube.

Youtube is too clever for us though... you don't want to see it's related video list.

I'll have the photos up online soon enough too... and I have a thread in the Cool links and Videos forum currently awaiting approval.

Advertisement